Firmware Notice: EOS C700 and EOS C700PL: Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Hybrid Log Gamma HDR ITU-R BT.2100 output has been added.
- Importation of 3D LUTs (.cube format) created within Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci ResolveTM software is now supported.
- Super16mm sized (2K crop) recording mode has been added.
- The following progressive frame rates, are now supported when using the B4 Mount Adapter MO-4E/MO-4P (sold separately)
- 59.94Hz: 59.94P, 29.97P, 23.98P
- 50.00Hz: 50P, 25P
- 24.00Hz: 24P
- New white balance color temperature settings have been added.
- Slow & Fast mode icon will be displayed in red when in use.
- Slow and Fast mode frame rate selection have been simplified.
- Fixes a sound lag issue which may occur when [Scan Reverse Rec] is enabled.
- Peripheral illumination/chromatic aberration correction has been added for the following lenses:
- EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM
- EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM
DaVinci ResolveTM is the trademark of Blackmagic Design Pty Ltd.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C700 cameras running firmware version 22.214.171.124.00-126.96.36.199.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 188.8.131.52.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For customers who are using the optional OU-700 Remote Operation Unit, the firmware of the camera and the OU-700 Remote Operation Unit have to be the same. After updating the camera firmware, connect the camera with the OU-700 to update the firmware of the OU-700 from the camera's system settings.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
If you have not already done so, please register your EOS C700/EOS C700 PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|