Firmware Notice: EOS C700FF: Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Chromatic aberration correction has been added for the following EFP lenses:
- CJ45e×9.7B IASE-V H
- CJ45e×13.6B IASE-V H
- Support for these EFP lenses has been added.
- CJ24e×7.5B IASE S
- CJ18e×7.6B IRSE S / IASE S
- CJ14e×4.3B IRSE S / IASE S
- For LUTs that can be applied to output footage, support for the ITU-R BT.2100 standard and ITU-R BT.2408 report have been added for the following terminals:.
- SDI OUT terminal
- HDMI OUT terminal
[HDR-PQ(OOTF On /Off)] will change to [HDR-PQ*1].
Changes have been made so that the [HDR: PQ] and [HDR: HLG] base luminance correspond to Diffuse White (100%) being 203nits*2.
- VIDEO terminal (optional Viewfinder)
[HDR1600%(OOTF On /Off)] will change to [HDR-1600%*1].
[HDR400%(OOTF On /Off)] will change to [HDR-400%*1].
*1 :OOTF On
*2 The brightness before the change to OOTF On 83nits/OOTF Off 111nits
The HLG output is the brightness in the case of displaying on a 1000nits monitor.
Please use the Canon lookup table that is released on and after November, 2018.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which signal outputting of more than 100% occurs when in the HLG output of LUT.
- LUT: HDR-HLG output
- Color Space: BT.2020
- Support for Double slot recording in Full Frame sensor mode has been added for the following settings.
- XF-AVC 59.94P/50P
- ProRes 59.94P/50P
*Double slot recording cannot be used together with relay recording, or with slow & fast motion recording. Refer to the Instruction manual for more details.
For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
- Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00
is for updating Cinema EOS C700 cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11.00.
If your camera’s firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to
update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it
cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For customers who are using the optional OU-700 Remote Operation Unit, the firmware of the camera and the OU-700 Remote Operation Unit have to be the same. After updating the camera firmware, connect the camera with the OU-700 to update the firmware of the OU-700 from the camera's system settings.
Preparations for a firmware update:
- You cannot perform
the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available
SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- After the Firmware update
has been performed, the camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture settings will
be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and Custom Picture
settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be
used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved
data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the
update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the
section in the camera’s user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
- The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VMI2.FIM, File Size: 112,225,000 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
If you have not already done so, please register your EOS C700FF. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|