Firmware Notice: EOS-1D X Mark III: Firmware Version 1.3.0
Firmware Version 1.3.0 incorporates the following fix and enhancements:1. Enables 2nd curtain shooting sync during radio transmission wireless flash shooting when the Speedlight EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
2. Enables manual flash output (excluding high-speed sync and optical transmission wireless flash shooting) to be selected and set up to 1/8192 from the camera menu screen when the Speedlight EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
3. Improves compatibility of HEIF images recorded in the camera with MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format) standards.
4. Fixes the phenomenon that may result in the occurrence of time-out under certain conditions during FTP transfer.
Firmware Version 1.3.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the EOS-1D X Mark III is updated to Firmware Version 1.3.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.2.1).
The following Applications have been updated accordingly:
- Digital Photo Professional 4.13.20
- EOS Utility 3.13.10
- Camera Connect 2.7.20
- Digital Photo Professional Express 1.4.0
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS-1D X Mark III. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.Thank you,
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON / 1-800-652-2666
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support