Firmware Notice: PowerShot G5 X Mark II: Firmware Version 1.1.0
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- The option to capture movies in the frame rate of 23.98p has been added.
- A new mode for Movie Servo AF has
Autofocus characteristics for Movie Servo AF can be set to [Mode 1], [Mode 2] or [Disable].
- Mode 1 (newly added, with firmware version 1.1.0): This mode supports quick and responsive autofocus. Use this autofocus mode when you want the camera to be sensitive to tracking the subject, and for situations when the photographer is moving (such as shooting while walking).
- Mode 2 (current, with firmware version 1.0.2 or prior): This mode supports smooth and natural autofocus when shooting movies. Use this mode when shooting landscapes or subjects with little or no movement.
Please note: “If you prefer the previous AF characteristics, please select Mode 2 after the firmware update.”
- Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability.(addressed in Ver.1.0.2）
- Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.(addressed in Ver.1.0.2）
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon product. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future enhancements and other announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.Thank You,
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|