Firmware Notice: XF405 / XF400: Firmware Version 188.8.131.52
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 incorporates the following enhancement:
- The focus following speed during zooming has been improved.
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 220.127.116.11 is for updating VIXIA/LEGRIA GX10 cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124 If your camera's firmware is already version 126.96.36.199, it is not necessary to update the firmware. IMPORTANT: Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version
Preparations for a firmware update
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that, before starting update operations, users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VNA4.FIM / file size: 30,081,056bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review and confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An XF405 or XF400 camcorder
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.15)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or
more (commercially available)
- An SD card
reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged
battery pack for the camera
- Compact power
adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the
If you have not already done so, please register the XF405 and XF400. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|