Firmware Notice: XF705: Firmware Version 18.104.22.168
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 incorporates the following enhancements:
- When using zoom ring or zoom rocker the zoom response has been improved.
- The focus following speed during zooming has been improved.
- A vertical filter function has been added to the Interlace and Progressive Recording modes to reduce interlacing artifacts, such as moiré or jagged-edge phenomenon, which may occur.
For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camcorder’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 126.96.36.199 is for updating XF705 cameras running firmware version 188.8.131.52. If your camera's firmware is already version 184.108.40.206, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for a firmware update
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu
settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings
as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to
carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be
loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has
been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in
the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VOA1.FIM / file size: 58,408,736 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An XF705 camcorder
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 -
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or
more (commercially available)
- An SD card
reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the
- A fully charged
battery pack for the camcorder
- Compact power
adapter bundled with the camcorder
- The firmware (the
If you have not already done so, please register the XF705. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|