Firmware Notice: XF705 Firmware Version 220.127.116.11
Fixes a malfunction that may cause the camcorder to freeze when performing certain operations.
Note: The freezing occurs when the settings created on a camcorder equipped with Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 is imported into a camcorder equipped with Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 includes the same functions and functional improvements added in version 184.108.40.206. The functions and functional improvements added in version 220.127.116.11 are listed below:
- The XF-AVC recording modes have been added.
[4K UHD] 3840×2160 29.97P/23.98P/25P
[FHD] 1920×1080 120P/100P/59.94i/50i
- The MP4 recording modes have been added.
[FHD] 1920×1080 59.94P/29.97p/23.98P/50P/25P
[720P] 1280×720 59.94P
- High Dynamic Range (HLG, PQ) has now been added to the recording mode [XF-HEVC] 1920 x 1080 120P/100P.
- The Browser Remote feature via Ethernet connections has been added.
- The ability to update the SDI/HDMI output from 59.94P to 29.97P (or 23.98P) has been added.1
- 1280 x 720/59.94P resolution has been added to MP4 recording mode.1
- Additional [CH1+CH3 / CH2+CH4] AUDIO monitor channel combinations has been added.1
- Enhanced audio controls using CH1 and CH2 dials. 1
- Image quality has been improved when using the [Digital Zoom] [Advanced 30X] mode.
- Please use a SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 is for updating XF705 camcorders running Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 If your camcorder’s firmware is already version 188.8.131.52, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camcorder is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- Please do not import camcorder settings from camcorders with Firmware Version 1.04.1 to camcorders with firmware version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camcorder’s menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that, prior to starting update operations, users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the SD card that will be used to carry out the update. This saved data can be loaded into the camcorder and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camcorder Settings.”
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VOA3.FIM / file size: 58,408,736bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Prior to starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to review and carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An XF705 camcorder.
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.15).
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512 MB or more (commercially available).
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer.
- A fully charged battery pack for the camcorder.
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camcorder.
- The firmware (the downloaded file).
If you have not already done so, please register the XF705. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support