Service Notice: EOS-40D firmware update version 1.1.1
Please be advised of the availability of a firmware update version 1.1.1 for the EOS-40D digital camera.
Firmware update Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a malfunction that in rare occurrence causes a low battery indication to be displayed when using the EF 85mm F1.2L II USM lens. Depending on the battery check timing of the camera, the battery level displayed on the camera’s LCD data panel may show Battery will be exhausted soon or Battery must be recharged, even though the battery capacity is sufficient.
- Fixes a malfunction that in rare occurrence causes an Err 06 Self Cleaning Sensor malfunction to appear on the camera's LCD monitor and LCD data panel, even when the Self Cleaning Sensor Unit is operating normally. This message may appear depending on the timing of when the camera is switched to the ON position.
- Fixes a malfunction that prevents correct colors from being printed when direct printing. RAW images captured using the camera’s custom Picture Styles (Emerald, etc.), which have been downloaded from Canon's Web site and registered under User Def. 2 or User Def. 3.
- Modifies the level of subject brightness that causes the AF-assist beam to fire when using an external Speedlite.
- Enables an external flash connected to the camera's synchro terminal to fire even when the camera’s built-in flash is popped up.
Version 1.1.1 firmware is for EOS 40D cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
This update is available at: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/eos40d/eos40d-firmware-e.html
Canon always strives to provide the highest quality products to our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience these phenomena may have caused. We appreciate your kind patronage and support.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon Customer Support Center
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support