- OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) has been added as a supported OS.
(Digital signature will be added in the future.)
- OS X v10.7 has been added as a supported OS.
- The problem that the English UI is displayed when the OS environment is French or German has been rectified.
- Supports OS X v10.6.
- Newly supports OS X v10.5(Leopard).
- The problem that CanoScan Toolbox cannot be launched in the OS X v10.5 environment has been rectified.
OS X 10.2.8/10.3.9/10.4.11/10.5.8/10.6.8/10.7/10.8
1. After upgrading Toolbox, ScanGear cannot be used.
(Preventive action) Use ScanGear supporting Universal Binary.
2. When Toolbox is installed, the settings for the button andapplication are reset.
(Preventive action) Prefset will not be released. Specify each setting manually again.
3. In Intel Mac, when launching Toolbox after selecting Open Using Rosetta, Toolbox may not operate properly.
(Preventive action) In Intel Mac, use Toolbox in Native operation.
4. Toolbox cannot be installed in OS X v10.2.7 or before. An error message is displayed.
(Preventive action) As OS X v10.2.7 or before are not supported, Toolbox cannot be installed in them. Upgrade the OS to 10.2.8 or higher.
5. Though it is a very rare case, the EZ button does not respond.
(Preventive action) Restart the OS.
6. [OS X v10.6] Push-scan may not start.
(Preventive action) Download CanoScan Toolbox 5.0 Opener. After installation, follow the prepackaged manual to do the settings.
Procedures for the download and installation
1. Click the link. The download will start automatically.
2. Files will be saved on the computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the .pkg file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.