A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being updated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the USB cable while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect USB cable.
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAX interruption during firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USB hub, as this may cause a connection error.
- Do not perform printing while the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click [I Agree-Begin Download] icon, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file. Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.