Modification of the error that abnormal image occurs upon FAX receiving JBIG image from some competitor's device.
You will be asked to enter the product serial number before downloading the firmware. The serial number usually found rear side of the printer.
Newer firmware includes all previous corrections and improvements.
Correction for the error that abnormal image occurs upon FAX receiving JBIG image from some competitor's device.
Correction for the error that blank page is rarely output with the document received from FAX and files sent from PC.
Correction for the error that, on rare occasions, FAX reception fails (there is no incoming call) in Sleep Mode when Ring Times setting is changed from "2" (default) to "1" in User Mode.
Correction for the error that the FAX broadcasting terminates after sending to about 20 destinations when the FAX broadcasting is performed to more than 50 destinations from PC FAX.
Correction for the error that multiple identical PC names are displayed when selecting a PC name for Scan and Send.
Correction for an error that a PC which is connected to this product via a USB device does not recognize this product when the PC is started while this product is staying in Sleep mode.
Correction for error message "failing to connect to the network" when the WINS setting is ON and the WINS server is not used.
Correction for an error that, in rare instances, the device fails to receive a FAX when in Sleep Mode.
Correction for an error that, in rare instances, the device fails to end calibration while displaying "Adjusting..." after it recovers from Sleep mode.
Correction for an error that, in rare instances, the device freezes when it is connected to a MAC OS using a USB connection.
A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being updated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the interface cable (USB or LAN cable) while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect either USB cable or LAN cable. (USB cable is recommended, as it is not affected by other computers.)
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAX interruption while firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USB hub, as this may cause a connection error.
- When the printer is connected with a LAN cable, do not perform printing while the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click [I Agree-Begin Download] icon, then input printer serial number, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file. Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.