A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being updated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the interface cable (USB or LAN cable) while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect either USB cable or LAN cable. (USB cable is recommended, as it is not affected by other computers.)
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAX interruption while firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USB hub, as this may cause a connection error.
- When the printer is connected with a LAN cable, do not perform printing while the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click [I Agree-Begin Download] icon, then input printer serial number, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file. Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.
This firmware includes all previous corrections and improvements.
Correction for an error that, in rare cases, the language displayed on the LCD defaults to English when the user already set it to another language.