- Canon XA10 Professional Camcorder, Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 [Windows]
Windows 8.1 (x64)
Windows 8 (x64)
Windows 7 (x64)
Windows Vista (x64)
English | Spanish | French | Japanese | Chinese
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 incorporates the following modifications:
1. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual.
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 is for XA10 camcorder with Firmware Version 22.214.171.124. If your camcorder's firmware is already Version 126.96.36.199, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camcorder is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camcorder's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camcorder and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Menu Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VHE1.FIM / file size: 21,946,970 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An XA10 camcorder body
2. A computer (OS: Windows)
OS Requirements: Windows® 8, Windows® 7 SP1, Windows Vista™ SP2, Windows® XP SP3
3. A 32 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q: What are the changes of Firmware Version 188.8.131.52?
A: The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual. Before the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack was (pin1: shield, pin2: cold, pin3: hot). After the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack will be (pin1: shield, pin2: hot, pin3: cold). The XLR pin configuration meets the international AES standard recommendation. The firmware update will avoid the scenario where use of the unit in combination with a device of different polarity than the XLR terminals would result in reduced sound levels due to a reversal of the phase relationship.