Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates the following additional functions and modifications:
1. Apple iOS6 is now supported when the camera is paired with the WFT-E6 for remote operation.
2. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 is for Cinema EOS C300 and EOS C300 PL cameras with Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 to Version 22.214.171.124.00. If your camera's firmware is already Version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VIA9.FIM / file size: 35,066,268 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C300 or EOS C300 PL camera body
2. A computer (OS: Windows)
OS Requirements: Windows® 8, Windows® 7 SP1, Windows Vista™ SP2, Windows® XP SP3
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q: What are the changes of Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00?
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates the following improvements.
1. Remote control of the WFT-E6 and Wi-Fi peripherals on an ad-hoc connection using iOS6/Safari has been made possible.
2. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual. Before the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack was (pin1: shield, pin2: cold, pin3: hot). After the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack will be (pin1: shield, pin2: hot, pin3: cold). The XLR pin configuration meets the international AES standard recommendation. The firmware update will avoid the scenario where use of the unit in combination with a device of different polarity than the XLR terminals would result in reduced sound levels due to a reversal of the phase relationship.
The following fixes and changes from the previous firmware updates are also incorporated into the latest firmware version.
Changes in Version 220.127.116.11.00:
1. Some of the EF lens products that can be mounted on the camera can be controlled more reliably.
Changes in Version 18.104.22.168.00:
1. Corrections to the Spanish and German language texts in the View Assistance function [View Assist.].
2. Efforts to correct image color fringing when subject is of high contrast have been made.
Changes in Version 22.214.171.124.00:
1. Minor corrections to simplified Chinese language menus.
Changes in Version 126.96.36.199.00:
1. Genlock synchronization can now be used to synchronize the camcorder's 24.00P, 24.00PsF, 23.98P, and 23.98PsF input signals.
2. Adds the Korean language to the camera's menu.