EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.1 Updater for Windows upgrades earlier versions of EOS Viewer Utility installed on your computer to version 1.2.1.
Users of EOS Digital cameras can update EOS Viewer Utility to version 1.2.1 with this updater.
1. This software is exclusively for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me and Windows 98 SE.
2. This update requires that either of the following applications be installed on your computer.
- File Viewer Utility 1.1 to 1.3
- EOS Viewer Utility 1.0.0 to 1.2.0
3. If you use the remote shooting function of EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.1, please download EOS Capture 1.2.0 separately.
(EOS Viewer Utility 1.0.0 automatically installed EOS Capture 1.0.0, but EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.1 requires EOS Capture 1.2.0 to be installed separately.)
EOS Capture 1.0.0 is not compatible with EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.1, so please download and install EOS Capture 1.2.0.
In EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.1, changes from the previous versions (EOS Viewer Utility 1.0.0 to EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.0) are as follows:
1. Images in the preview window can be displayed at various sizes by selecting from: [Fit to window], [25%], [50%], [100%] or [200%].
2. Image protection can now be set or removed using shortcut keys.
3. If the camera is set to record both RAW and JPEG images when shooting, you can select which of these to display in the preview window.
4. Display numbers have been added to thumbnail images in the main window.
5. The monitor profile set in Windows appears in the [Preferences] dialog box.
6. EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.1 fixes the problem found in EOS Viewer Utility 1.1.0/1.2.0 wherein gray stripes may appear in some parts of RAW images taken with the EOS 20D at ISO 1600 or higher and later displayed in EVU's preview window (or converted and saved).
How to download and install the software
When installing the Updater, exit all other applications.
The file to be downloaded is saved as a self-extracting, compressed file.
1. Click the download file below.
When a dialog box appears, specify the download destination (ex. Desktop) and click [Save] to start downloading.
Remember this location -- it will be important in later steps.
2. Double-click the downloaded file to show the dialog box. Click the [Unzip] button to unzip the compressed files.
Once the compressed files are unzipped, a new folder will be created in the same location where the download file is saved.
3. Click [OK] when the message below appears, and then close the dialog box.
"1 file(s) unzipped successfully"
4. Double-click the newly created folder and the [evu121w.exe] file inside it.
The Updater's install wizard will appear.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
How to download and open the Instruction Manual
Follow the procedures below to download and open the instruction manual.
The instruction manual is saved as a PDF file.
1. Click the file below to start downloading it.
If a dialog box for specifying the file destination appears, specify the file name and destination and click [OK].
2. After the download is complete, double-click the icon of the saved file to open it.