Outline of the software
This software will update ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x/4.x/5.x to ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0.
If one of the following applications is installed, it is possible to install ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 even if no previous version of ZoomBrowser EX has been installed.
- Digital Photo Professional 1.x/2.x
- EOS Viewer Utility 1.x
ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 runs on Windows 98 Second Edition (SE), Windows Me, Windows 2000 (SP4), and Windows XP (including SP1, SP2).
This software does not support Windows 98 (except for Windows 98 SE). If you are running Windows 98, please use ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a Updater, which can be downloaded separately.
The changes in ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 from ZoomBrowser EX 5.6.0c are as follows.
New functions added in ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0
1. It now supports "My Category".
Some of the Fall 2006 compact digital camera products incorporate the "My Category" function, which enables classification of images by category. ZoomBrowser EX now incorporate functions to display the category of an image, and to display images in a particular category by selecting it from the list.
2. It is now possible to display/play back vertically oriented movies in the correct orientation.
Some of the Fall 2006 compact digital camera products incorporate a function to automatically rotate the movies horizontally or vertically during playback. ZoomBrowser EX now has a function to display/play back vertically oriented movies in the correct orientation.
3. A function has been added to display downloaded images all at once.
A new function to display all images that have been downloaded from the camera to a computer using CameraWindow at once has been added. It is now easier to make use of the downloaded images than before, when images were displayed by folder.
4. RAW images taken with EOS Kiss Digital X/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/EOS 400D DIGITAL are now supported.
If you are using an EOS Digital camera, please use one of the following applications to install ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 (an updater for each application is available as a separate download).
- Windows XP/Windows 2000:
EOS Utility 1.1
- Windows Me/Windows 98 SE:
CameraWindow DSLR 5.3.2
EOS Utility is an application for connecting EOS Digital cameras to a computer, taking remote shots, and specifying the camera settings from the computer. CameraWindow DSLR is an application for connecting EOS Digital cameras to a computer
<Camera models supported by EOS Utility>
EOS Kiss Digital X/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/EOS 400D DIGITAL, EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS 5D, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS 30D, EOS Kiss Digital N/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/EOS 350D DIGITAL, EOS Kiss Digital/EOS DIGITAL REBEL/EOS 300D DIGITAL, EOS D30, EOS D60
<Camera models supported by CameraWindow DSLR 5.3.2>
EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS 5D, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS Kiss Digital N/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/EOS 350D DIGITAL, EOS Kiss Digital/EOS DIGITAL REBEL/EOS 300D DIGITAL, EOS D30, EOS D60
If you are using ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x, please check the following things.
1. To update to ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0, ZoomBrowser EX 2.x or 3.x needs to be installed on your computer.
2. Conversion of the database files
Before using ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 for the first time, you need to convert the database files used in previous versions to the database files for ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0.
Note: If you use ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 without performing this conversion, the titles, comments, and sound-annotation information added in the previous versions will be lost. To convert database files, refer to step 4 in the "Download and Installation" instructions on this page.
3. Restriction on folders under the Program Files folder
ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 is designed not to display folders under [Program Files], and ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 cannot read any images that may have been saved in the [Image Library One] folder (the default behavior in ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x). In order to view these files, please use Windows Explorer to relocate them from [Image Library One] to a destination outside of the [Program Files] directory.
Note: Be sure to relocate these files after converting the database files.
4. RAW Image Converter 1.x.
RAW Image Converter 1.x. will not start from ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0, unlike in ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x.
Please start RAW Image Converter from the Start menu when converting RAW images, or by installing the File Viewer Utility.
5. ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 does not come with a TWAIN interface. Please import images directly to your computer from ZoomBrowser EX.
6. Windows Meta File and FlashPix are no longer supported.
7. The following functions have been removed.
7-1. Time Tunnel viewer
7-2. 360-degree viewer for panoramic images
7-3. Displaying the camera owner's name in slideshows
Download and Installation
Before installation, confirm that one of the following applications has been installed on your computer: ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x/4.x, Digital Photo Professional 1.x/2.x, or EOS Viewer Utility 1.x.
1. Click the download file at the bottom of this page. In the download file dialog box that appears, specify a destination to save the file (e.g. desktop) and then click [Save]. Please remember the location of the file as it is to be used in the next step.
2. Double-click the downloaded file. The updater's Installation wizard appears. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
3. When a message that prompts you to restart your computer appears, restart the computer.
When updating ZoomBrowser EX from ZoomBrowser EX 4.x, this completes the installation.
When updating ZoomBrowser EX from ZoomBrowser EX 2.x or 3.x, please proceed to the next steps (steps 4 and 5).
4. Converting database files
4-1. Open the [Program] folder under the folder where ZoomBrowser EX 5.7.0 is installed.
4-2. Double-click the [dbconverter.exe] file in the [Program] folder. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the conversion.
5. Relocating the image files
Use Windows Explorer to relocate image files from [Image Library One] to a destination outside the [Program Files] directory.
Note: Be sure to relocate the image files in the [Image Library One] folder after converting the database files.