ZoomBrowser EX v4.6.0c Updater for Windows
ZoomBrowser EX, a Canon imaging software application, has been updated to Version 4.6.0c. The functionality, interface, compatibility and performance of ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c has been improved compared to earlier versions of the program, and we wish to encourage customers who have already installed ZoomBrowser EX from Version 2.x to Version 4.x to update their software free of charge. NOTE: If you already received ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0 with a Powershot camera, please review the ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0 Patch information below.
ZoomBrowser EX, a Canon imaging software application, has been updated to Version 4.6.0c. The functionality, interface, compatibility and performance of ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c has been improved compared to earlier versions of the program, and we wish to encourage customers who have already installed ZoomBrowser EX from Version 2.x to Version 4.x to update their software free of charge.
If you already received ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0 with a Powershot camera, please review the ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0 Patch information available here.
If you are using ZoomBrowser EX 4.0.0 or 4.0.1, and do not wish to update to v4.6.0c, we recommend installing the Patch to v4.0.2 available here.
1. Functional Improvements
A. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1 to v4.6.0c
- MovieEdit Task is newly included in this version, which makes it easy to edit movies taken by Canon cameras.
MovieEdit Task can only be guaranteed to work with movie files taken by Canon digital cameras or digital video cameras that are taken as Motion JPEG-format AVI files or MPEG-4 files. Also, in order to use MovieEdit Task, QuickTime 5.0.2 to 6.5 must be installed.
- CD Back Up Task makes adding content to CDs more reliable.
2. Quality Improvements
A. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0
- Fixed the problem of not being able to save image files at the root of a drive when connecting to an EOS camera with Win98/WinMe.*
- Fixed the problem of the Camera menu disappearing from ZoomBrowser when ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0 is installed over ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1.*
- Fixed the problem of CameraWindow 4.6’s auto-start settings not working poperly if ZoomBrowser EX 4.0/4.1 was installed by overwriting the previous version.*
- Fixed the discrepancy between image files and EXIF information when using PhotoRecord to make Index Prints from multiple images.**
- Fixed the problem caused by firewall software detecting and preventing connections to the camera.***
* CameraWindow was updated to version 4.6 in the process of fixing these issues.
** RAWImage Task was updated to version 1.0.1 in the process of fixing these issues
*** Canon Camera Support Core Library was updated to version 220.127.116.11 in the process of fixing these issues
B. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1a
- Fixed the sequential file-naming problem caused by using specific double-byte characters at the end of folder names when those folders are specified as the destination for saved files.
C. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.0.x/4.1.x/4.5.0/4.5.1
- Fixed the problem of RAW images not being rotated properly.
- The problem with SlideShow/DPOF setting the PowerShot S110 is fixed.
- Connectivity of the PowerShot S10 and PowerShot S20 is fixed.
D. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.1.x/4.5.0x4.5.1
- Temporary attributes are no longer attached to image files imported via CameraWindow.
3. ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c Precautions
A. When installing ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c, please use the layout-printing application PhotoRecord 2.0.0c, available here.
B. When installing ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c, please use the image-capturing application RemoteCapture 2.7.5, available here.
C. When installing ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c, please use the RAW image conversion application FileViewerUtility 1.3.2.
4. ZoomBrowser EX 4 Precautions (changes from version 2.x/3.x)
* In order for ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c to be installed, ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x/4.x must already be installed on the target computer. *
A. It is necessary to transfer the database files as follows:If you want to display the titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 2.x or 3.x, please convert the database files used in that version BEFORE using ZoomBrowser EX 4. If you use ZoomBrowser EX 4 without performing this conversion, the titles, comments, and sound annotation information added in previous versions will be LOST.
B. There are restrictions on folders under Program Files:
ZoomBrowser EX 4 is designed not to display folders under Program Files, so ZoomBrowser EX 4 cannot read any images that may have been saved in the Image Library One folder (the default behavior in ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x). In order to view these files, please use Explorer to move them from C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowserEX\Image Library One to some other location outside of the Program Files directory, such as My Pictures. After doing so, the images will be displayed in ZoomBrowser EX 4.
: Be sure to move these files after converting the database files as described above.
C. RAW Image Converter 1.x cannot be started from within ZoomBrowser EX 4. Plese start RAW Image Converter from the Start menu when converting RAW images.
D. ZoomBrowser EX 4 does not support the TWAIN interface. When importing images please use ZoomBorswer EX.
E. Windows Meta File and FlashPix file types are not supported.
F. The Time Tunnel Viewer function has been removed.
G. The 360-degree viewer for panoramic images has been removed.
H. The function that displayed the owner’s name in slide shows had been removed.
5. How to check your ZoomBrowser EX version number
1. Launch ZoomBrowser EX.
2. The version is displayed on the start-up window of ZoomBrowser EX (Circled in red as below). If ZoomBrowser EX is already running, you can also check the version number by clicking on "About ZoomBrowser EX" in the program's Help menu. If your ZoomBrowser EX version number is higher than 4.6.0c, it is unnecessary to update it at this time.
6. ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c Update Download and Installation
1. Confirm that ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x/4.x is already installed.
2. Download the Updater (ZBEX460cUPD_E.EXE) below.
3. Double-click the downloaded Updater to start and follow the onscreen instructions
Continue For ZoomBrowser 2.x/3.x Only
4. Convert the existing database file for use in ZoomBrowser EX 4, as described above.
5. Move files out of the Image Library One folder, as described above.