Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
1. Some of the EF lens products that can be mounted on the camera can be controlled more reliably.
2. Corrections to the Spanish and German language texts in the View Assistance function [View Assist.].
3. Efforts to correct image color fringing when a subject is of high contrast have been made.
Note: Firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates items 2 and 3 above.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 is for EOS C300/EOS C300 PL cameras with Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 through 22.214.171.124.00. If the camera's firmware is already Version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
If you perform the update, the menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. Accordingly, it is recommended that, prior to performing the update, you save your menu settings and Custom Picture settings to an SD card which is different from the one used for the firmware update. After the firmware update, load the saved settings data back to the camcorder. For details, please see the "Saving and Loading Camera Settings" section of the instruction manual for these models.
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VIA8.FIM / file size: 34,245Kbytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD Memory Card or an SDHC Memory Card (both commercially available)
4. A memory card reader (commercially available) or an SD card slot on the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
1: Corrections to the Spanish and German language texts in the View Assistance function [View Assist.].
2: Efforts to correct image color fringing when subject is of high contrast have been made.
1: Minor corrections to simplified Chinese language menus.
1: Genlock synchronization can now be used to synchronize the camcorder's 24.00P, 24.00PsF, 23.98P, and 23.98PsF input signals.
2: Adds the Korean language to the camcorder's menu.