Refurbished EOS 5DS Body
Free Standard Shipping & Handling - Offer valid January 19, 2023 12:00 a.m. through June 30, 2023 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid in U.S.A. only, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Availability of certain items may be limited. Limit of ten of any one item per order, subject to availability. Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer subject to Terms of Sale.
- More Resolution for Bigger Images
- Speed and Accuracy with Intelligent Scene Recognition and Analysis
- Precise and Fast AF for High Resolution Detail
- Mirror Vibration Control for Sharper images
- Better Accuracy in More Situations
- Specialty Controls, Built Right In
- Simple Cropped Shooting, In Camera
- Comprehensive Information, Right in the Viewfinder
- Sophisticated Moviemaking with EOS
- Fast-Action Shots are Easy to Capture
- Easy, Low-reflection Viewing
- Customizable, Easily Accessible Settings for Speedy Performance
- Quick and Easy Transfers, Plus Advanced Connectivity with USB 3.0
- Compatible with the new optional Wi-Fi Adapter^ W-E1 accessory^^, which enables Wi-Fi® capabilities including easy transfer of images and videos in MP4 format to a compatible smartphone or tablet^^^, and remote still shooting.
We reserve the right to change the Service benefits, including discount amounts and eligibility used to determine discount amounts, at any time in our sole discretion. All such changes will apply to future orders.
When you are enrolled, the Service will automatically create a new order for Eligible Products according to the shipment schedule applicable to the frequency of the Service you have selected, until you cancel.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your enrollment at any time without notice. If we do so, you will only be charged for orders that have been shipped to you.
The eligible products that may be ordered through the Service (the identity of which are subject to change) are set forth on the product detail page on the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com) with the option to select the Service displayed (each, an "Eligible Product"). Your participation in the Service is personal to you, and you may not assign or transfer your enrollment, or any of the benefits of the Service, to any third party without our authorization. The Service is only available to customers with shipping addresses in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
Offers, Orders and Returns
Discounts and any limited time promotions associated with the Service apply only to Eligible Products displaying the offer message on the product detail page on the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). Discounts and any amounts from limited time promotions that apply to your order, if any, and which are still in effect, will be automatically deducted from your order.
Some offer details may change as you receive deliveries over time (for example, price, taxes, availability, and shipping charges). If an Eligible Product is unavailable when we plan to ship it, we will notify you that we are unable to process your order, and we will wait to process your order until the next scheduled shipping date when the Eligible Product is available. When the Eligible Product becomes available, the price will be the price when you ordered it, regardless of when it becomes available.
Returns of Eligible Products under the Service are subject to our return policy. Service enrollments are void where prohibited.
As part of your enrollment in the Service, you will be required to register with us so that your printer can be identified as participating in the Service. Instructions for registering your printer are contained in the introductory email sent to you after you apply for enrollment in the Service, as well as in the "My Account" section of the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). You will be required to accept terms and conditions provided by our parent company, Canon Inc., as part of registering your printer. Canon Inc. will notify us when an ink or toner cartridge reaches a certain low ink/toner threshold, and we will fill an order for the ink or toner and ship it to you under these Terms. Information provided to us and Canon Inc. may be stored on servers outside of the United States and will be subject to our Privacy Statement. It's possible that your order for Eligible Products will not arrive prior to running out of ink or toner where your use was more than usual, particularly if such greater use occurred over 1 or 2 days.
Payment and Cancellation
The total cost charged to your payment method for each order under the Service will be the cost of the Eligible Product on the day that order is processed, less any discount offered as a percentage or dollars off at the time you registered, plus any applicable sales tax. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any discount offered at the time you registered for the Service, with notice to you, and future orders fulfilled under the Service will reflect any such change.
For each Eligible Product shipped under the Service, you authorize us to charge the payment method used when you enrolled unless otherwise directed by you. If we are unable to complete your order with the payment method you used when you enrolled, we will not fulfill the order and will notify you that your payment method needs to be updated.
Your enrollment in the Service will remain in effect until it is canceled. You can cancel or modify your enrollment at any time via the "My Account" section of the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). If you cancel or modify your enrollment after an order has been processed, you will be charged for the order as processed. If the discount for such Eligible Product changes, the new discount will be applied to your future shipments of that Eligible Product. If, after enrollment, you are no longer in possession of your printer for any reason (e.g., due to warranty return, replacement, or exchange), the total cost for the Service will continue to be charged to your payment method until you cancel your enrollment. No refunds will be granted because of your failure to cancel your enrollment in such situation.
Your rights under these Terms will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms and conditions. In the event of such termination, we may immediately revoke your access to the Service. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Terms and will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
Changes to Terms
We may, in our sole discretion, change these Terms without notice to you. If any change to these Terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION AFTER WE CHANGE THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE SERVICE INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL OUR, OR OUR LICENSORS’, AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
In the box
EOS 5DS Kit Components
Refurbished EOS 5DS Body Battery Pack LP-E6N
Battery Charger LC-E6 Eyecup EG (not shown)
Wide Strap EW-EOS5DS
Interface Cable IFC-150U II
EOS Digital Solution Disc (not shown)
The Canon Online Store will accept, for return or exchange, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at the Canon Online Store, subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below: All merchandise returned to the Canon Online Store must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange. Shipping and handling fees from your original order will not be refunded, unless the merchandise is determined by the Canon Online Store, in its sole discretion, to be defective.
See Return Policy for complete information.
The Freedom of High Resolution
Marking a new standard in high-resolution digital SLR photography, the Canon EOS 5DS camera shatters the status quo with a new 50.6 Megapixel, full-frame CMOS sensor. Perfect for commercial and fine art photography, or any other application that calls for extremely high-resolution, the EOS 5DS is the ultimate combination of EOS performance and ultra-high megapixel capture. It features an advanced, 61-point High Density Reticular AF system that includes 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR AF for precise AF in numerous situations. An anti-flicker function helps provide consistent exposure and color during continuous shooting under certain lighting conditions, while a built-in bulb timer and intervalometer expands creative opportunities without the need for an additional remote control. A refined mirror control mechanism reduces vibration and a Time Release Lag setting minimizes camera shake for sharp image capture when using mirror lock-up. New features like a crop function of 1.3x and 1.6x and a Custom Quick Control screen are complemented by advanced, multi-featured Full HD Movie capture, with Time Lapse Movie, and much more. With EOS performance and 50.6 Megapixel Capture, the EOS 5DS revolutionizes high-resolution photography!
Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera
* Type I drive (Incompatible with Type II and Microdrive.)
* High-speed writing possible with UDMA CF cards.SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
* High-speed writing possible with UHS-I SD cards.
* MultiMediaCard (MMC) cannot be used. (A card error will be displayed.)
Approx. 36 mm x 24mm (35mm Full-frame)
Canon EF Lenses (excluding EF-S Lenses)
Canon EF mount
High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
Effective pixels: Approx. 50.60 megapixels
Total pixels: 53.00 megapixels
Total Pixels: 53.00 megapixels
3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
RGB primary color filters
Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
* Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
* At power ON: Performed for approx. 3 sec. (Operation indicated for 2 sec.)
At power Off: Performed for approx. 2 sec.
Manual operation: Performed for approx. 8.5 sec.
* Magnesium fluoride coating on the low-pass filter surface applied. Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
* The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
* The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS software to automatically erase the dust spots. Manual cleaning
Design Rule for Camera File System 2.0 and EXIF 2.3
Still Image: JPEG, RAW (14-bit Canon Original), RAW, M-RAW, S-RAW, RAW+JPEG, M-RAW+JPEG, S-RAW+JPEG
Video: MOV (Image data: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC; Audio: Linear PCM)
Large: Approx. 50.3 Megapixels (8688 x 5792)Medium 1: Approx. 39.3 Megapixels (7680 x 5120)Medium 2: Approx. 22.1 Megapixels (5760 x 3840)S1 (Small 1): Approx. 12.40 Megapixels (4320 x 2880)S2 (Small 2): Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)S3 (Small 3): Approx. 350,000 Pixels (720 x 480)RAW: Approx. 50.3 Megapixels (8688 x 5792)M-RAW: Approx. 28.50 Megapixels (6480 x 4320)S-RAW: Approx. 12.40 Megapixels (4320 x 2880)
Crop - 1.3x
Large: Approx. 30.5 Megapixels (6768 x 4512)Medium 1: Approx. 24.1 Megapixels (6016 x 4000)Medium 2: Approx. 13.6 Megapixels (4512 x 3008)S1 (Small 1): Approx. 7.6 Megapixels (3376 x 2256)S2 (Small 2): Approx. 2.5 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)S3 (Small 3): Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
Crop - 1.6x
Large: Approx. 19.6 Megapixels (5424 x 3616)Medium 1: Approx. 15.4 Megapixels (4800 x 3200)Medium 2: Approx. 8.7 Megapixels (3616 x 2408)S1 (Small 1): Approx. 4.9 Megapixels (2704 x 1808)S2 (Small 2): Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)S3 (Small 3): Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
Aspect Ratio - 1:1Large: Approx. 33.5 Megapixels (5792 x 5792)Medium 1: Approx. 26.2 Megapixels (5120 x 5120)Medium 2: Approx. 14.7 Megapixels (3840 x 3840)S1 (Small 1): Approx. 8.3 Megapixels (2880 x 2880)S2 (Small 2): Approx. 1.6 Megapixels (1280 x 1280)S3 (Small 3): Approx. 0.23 Megapixels (480 x 480)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Large: Approx. 44.7 Megapixels (7712 x 5792)Medium 1: Approx. 34.9 Megapixels (6816 x 5120)Medium 2: Approx. 19.7 Megapixels (5120 x 3480)S1 (Small 1): Approx. 11.1 Megapixels (3840 x 2880)S2 (Small 2): Approx. 2.2 Megapixels (1712 x 1280)S3 (Small 3): Approx. 0.31 Megapixels (640 x 480)
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Large: Approx. 42.5 Megapixels (8688 x 4888)Medium 1: Approx. 33.2 Megapixels (7680 x 4320)Medium 2: Approx. 18.7 Megapixels (5760 x 3240)S1 (Small 1): Approx. 10.5 Megapixels (4320 x 2432)S2 (Small 2): Approx. 2.1 Megapixels (1920 x 1080)S3 (Small 3): Approx. 0.28 Megapixels (720 x 408)
Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
* Records to either the CF card or SD card. Auto switch card
* When the current card becomes full, the camera switches to the other card automatically. Record separately
* The CF card and SD card record the same image at a different image recording quality (L, M, S1, S2, S3, RAW, M-RAW, S-RAW)Record to multiple
* Both the CF card and SD card record the same image at the same image recording quality. (Also applies to RAW+JPEG, M+JPEG, and SRAW+JPEG)
Images recorded in a card can be copied to the other card
The following three types of file numbers can be set:
(1) Continuous numbering
* The continuous numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the cameras card. (The numbering continues even when the folder changes.)
(2) Auto reset
* When you replace the cameras card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
(3) Manual reset
* Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
The image-recording quality can be selected in any combination of the three RAW and eight JPEG recording quality settings.
Selectable between sRGB and Adobe RGB
Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
* Scene Intelligent Auto will set [Auto] automatically.
* [Standard] is the default setting for [User Def. 1-3]
Auto (AWB): Ambience priority Auto (AWB): White Priority Daylight Shade Cloudy, Twilight, Sunset Tungsten light White fluorescent light Flash Custom (Custom WB)Color temperature
* With an EX-series Speedlite having the color temperature information transmission feature, the color temperature setting changes to match the color temperature when the flash is fired. Set to approx. 6000K if the flash unit does not have the color temperature communication feature.
Auto white balance with the image sensor
Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels*Corrected in reference to the current WB modes color temperature.
Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally (At approx. 21mm eyepoint)
Approx. 0.71x / Angle of view 34.1° (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1 (dpt))
Approx. 21mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
-3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflectance ratio of 40:60)
AF point, focus confirmation, AF status indicator Exposure information
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, exposure warning Flash information
Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light Image information
Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information Battery check Composition information
Grid, electronic level Warning symbol
Displayed if any of the following is set: Monochrome, white balance correction, One-touch recording quality switch, expanded ISO speed, or spot metering.JPEG/RAW Flicker detection
Enabled with Depth-of-field preview button
TTL secondary image - registration, phase detection
61-point High-Density Reticle AF
EV -2 - 18 (at 73°F/23°C and ISO 100)
(1) Autofocus One-Shot AF Predictive AI Servo AF For automatic AF point selection, the AF point to start the AI Servo AF operation can be selected. For automatic AF point selection, the active AF point can be displayed.AI Focus AF (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI SERVO AF automatically)Automatically set in A+ (Auto) Mode(2) Manual focus (MF)
Single-point Spot AF (Manual selection)Single-point AF (Manual selection)*The checkmark cannot be removed from this option.AF point expansion (Manual selection, 4 points: Up, down, left, and right)AF point expansion (Manual selection, surrounding 8 points)Zone AF (Manual zone selection Auto selection 61-Point AF)
Displayed in viewfinder with transparent LCD and on LCD panel
AF area used in horizontal/vertical (grip up or down) shooting and the manually-selected AF point position can be set separately
With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite, AF-assist beam is emitted automatically when necessary. Disable IR AF assist beam only
* No AF-assist beam with flash bursts.
Approx. 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
EOS iSA System with 252-zone (18 x 14) metering
Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)Partial metering (center, approx. 6.1% of viewfinder)Spot metering (center, approx. 1.3% of viewfinder)
AF point-linked spot metering not provided. Center-weighted average metering
a.The selectable metering modes can be restricted with a Custom Function.
EV 0-20 (at 73°F / 23°C at ISO 100)
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto
(2) Program AE (shiftable)
(3) Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(4) Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(5) Manual exposure
* The metering mode can be specified with a Custom Function.
(7) Custom shooting mode, C1, C2, C3
* Evaluative metering, Averaged metering
* For (Highlight tone priority), the settable ISO speed range will be ISO 200–6400.
* ISO speed safety shift possible with Custom Function.
* For movie shooting, the maximum expanded ISO speed is also ISO 12800. ISO 100-6400 (in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)ISO speed expansion possible to ISO 50, 51200, and 102400.For [Highlight tone priority], the settable ISO speed range will be 200-25600.-->ISO speed expansion possible to ISO 50 and 12,800ISO speed safety shift possible with Custom Function.
*1: It depends on (Minimum) and (Maximum) of (Auto ISO range).
*2: If overexposure would occur with fill flash, the minimum ISO speed is set to ISO 100 (except for M and B).
*3: Auto set for ISO 400–1600 in the P mode with external Speedlite set for bounce flash.
ISO Speed upper and lower limits:
(1) Manual setting range
* ISO speed expansion is set with this option.
(2) Auto ISO ranger
* ISO speed expansion not settable.
Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
* Indicated up to ±3 stops on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
(1) Auto AE lock
·In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
·With AE lock button. (AE lock is updated each time you press the button.) Enabled in all metering modes.
Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
X-sync at 1/200 sec.
1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)
* Shutter speeds control range can be set with a Custom Function.
Soft-touch electromagnetic release
10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure:
Approx. 0.059 sec.
* During silent shooting, approx. 0.108 sec.
* With flash, approx. 0.086 sec.
* During silent shooting with flash, approx. 0.108 sec. Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.186 sec.
* During silent shooting, approx. 0.230 sec.
* With flash, approx. 0.236 sec.
* During silent shooting with flash, approx. 0.255 sec.
E-TTL II autoflash with all EX Series Speedlites
±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
The camera can set the following with Speedlite 600EX-RT, 580EX II, 430EX II, 320EX, 270EX II, or 270EX:
(1) External flash control
* Flash mode, sync setting, FEB (not possible with 270EX II/270EX), flash exposure compensation, E-TTL II, zoom, wireless master flash (not possible with 430EX II/ 270EX), and clear settings.
* With the Speedlite 600EX-RT, radio wireless control is possible.
(2) Flash Custom Function setting
Provided (no polarity)
Single, High-speed continuous, Low-speed continuous, Silent Single Shooting, Silent continuous shooting, and Self-timer (10 sec. self-timer/remote control, or 2-sec. self-timer/remote control)
High-speed: Maximum approx. 5.0 shots/sec.
Low-speed: Maximum approx. 3.0shots/sec.
Silent continuous shooting: Maximum approx. 3.0 shots/sec.
* The number of possible shots and maximum burst apply to an 8 GB card based on Canons testing standards.
* The image file size, number of possible shots, and maximum burst will vary depending on the shooting conditions (aspect ratio 3:2, subject, memory card brand, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.).
* The "F" after the number indicates that continuous shooting is possible until the card becomes full.
Live View Functions
Still photo and video recording
Contrast AF Manual Focus
Evaluative metering (315-zone)Partial metering (approx. 6.4% of Live View screen)Spot metering (approx. 2.8% of Live View screen)Center-weighted average metering
*AE lock possible.
*The active metering timer can be changed.
Metering range: EV 0 - EV 20 (At 73°F / 23°C, ISO 100)
Three grid display provided9 sections24 sections9 sections + diagonal lines
Provided (Mode 1 and Mode 2)
MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Variable (averaged) bit rate
1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 and 640 x 480
[1920 x 1080]: 30 fps / 25 fps / 24 fps
[1280 x 720]: 60 fps / 50 fps
[640 x 480]: 30 fps / 25 fps
* If the recording time reaches 29 min. 59 sec., the movie shooting will stop automatically.
* There is no 4 GB file size limit for when the shooting stops automatically.
Same as focusing with Live View shooting
* During movie shooting or if movie cropping has been set, the image cannot be magnified for manual focusing.
Normal ISO Speeds: ISO 100-6400 (in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)
Expanded ISO Speeds: L: equivalent to ISO 50, H: equivalent to ISO 12800
* For [Highlight tone priority], the settable ISO speed range will be ISO 200-6400.
* ISO speed safety shift possible with Custom Function.
* For movie shooting, the maximum expanded ISO speed is also ISO 12800.
A+: ISO 100-3200 (No Flash) / ISO 100-6400 (With Flash)
P/Tv/Av/M: ISO 100-6400*1 (No Flash) / ISO 400 Fixed*1,*2, *3
B: ISO 400 Fixed (No Flash) / ISO 400 Fixed*1,*2, *3
*1: It depends on [Minimum] and [Maximum] of [Auto ISO range].
*2: If overexposure would occur with fill flash, the minimum ISO speed is set to ISO 100 (except for M and B).
*3: Auto set for ISO 400-1600 in the P mode with external Speedlite set for bounce flash.
ISO speed for still photos during movie shooting:
*1: ISO 100 – ISO 3200
*2: ISO 100 – ISO 6400
*3: Same as the ISO speed used for movie shooting.
Up to ±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
* For movies, even if exposure compensation has been set beyond ±3 stops, exposure compensation up to only ±3 stops will be applied.
* For still photos, exposure compensation up to ±5 stops can be applied.
TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
3.2-inches (Screen aspect ratio 3:2)
Approx. 8.11cm (7.13cm width, 5.19cm height)
Approx. 1.04 million dots
Approx. 170° vertically and horizontally
Auto: Brightness adjusted automatically by the light sensor
* Adjustable to one of three levels: Darker, Standard, Brighter
Manual: Adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
Clear View LCD II
* Glass surface has an anti-reflective AR coating.
25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
Single image, Single image + Image-recording quality/shooting information, histogram, 4- or 9-image index, magnified view (approx. 1.5x-10x), rotated image (auto/manual), image jump (by 10/100 images, index screen, by shooting date, by folder), two-image comparative display, slide show (all images/selected by date/folder), star rating
With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will
Quick Control Function
The following functions can be set:
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, exposure compensation, AEB, flash exposure compensation, AF point selection (including AF area selection modes), Picture Style, White Balance, WB Correction, metering mode, Auto Lighting Optimizer, recording function switching, image-recording quality, AF mode, drive mode, and Custom Controls (camera controls/buttons customization).
Image Protection and Erase
Erase protection can be applied or canceled for a single image, all images in a folder or all images in the card
Erase a single image, selected images, all images in a folder, all images in a card or erase only unprotected images
RAW and JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
·Movies cannot be printed
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
Version 1.1 compatible
Direct Image Transfer
JPEG and RAW images and movie
For RAW+JPEG, only the RAW or JPEG image or both images can be transferred
16 Custom Functions settable with the camera
The following camera controls can be customized by assigning the desired function:
Shutter button halfway pressing, AF-ON button, AE lock button, Depth-of-field preview button, lens AF Stop button, Multifunction button, SET button, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, and Multi-controller
Current camera settings can be registered to C1, C2 and C3 on the Mode Dial (Automatic registration update is possible)
Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 3.0)
(1) Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
(2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal
For connection to WFT-E7A (Version 2) and GPS Receiver GP-E2
The RJ-45 jack is not built-in and is only available via the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A (version 2)
One Battery Pack LP-E6
AC power can be supplied with the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6
1) Camera body only:1) With Battery Grip:* Based on CIPA testing standards
Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned on:
Displayed in 6 levels:
·Battery level displayed on LCD panel and in viewfinder.
·Battery information can be checked with the [Battery info.] menu
·If Battery Grip BG-E11 is used with size AA/LR6 batteries; the battery level is displayed in four levels instead.
Power turns off after the set time (1, 2, 4, 8, 15 or 30 minutes) of non-operation elapses.
CR1616 lithium battery
Approx. 0.1 sec
Dimensions and Weight
Approx. 5.98 x 4.58 x 3.01 in. (152.0 x 116.4 x 76.4mm)
Approx. 32.80 oz. / 930g (Based on CIPA standards)
Approx. 29.80 oz./ 845g (Body only)
85% or less