Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw
- Cost & Energy Efficient
- Fax 33.6 Kbps
- Mac OS Compatible
- Super G3 Fax
Main Unit Spec
Up to 21ppm (1-sided plain paper letter)1
(2400 x 600 dpi quality)
Color: Approx. 16.0 seconds (letter)3
ADF: 5.5" x 5" to Legal
2 on 1
4 on 1
ID Card Copy
9600 x 9600 (interpolated)
ADF: 5.5" x 5" to Legal
Paper Handling Specifications
16-58 lb. bond (multipurpose tray)
Connectivity and Software Specifications
During Operation: Approx. 450W
Standby: Approx. 23W
Energy Saver: Approx. 1W
68.3 lbs. (w/cartridge)
Cartridge 118 YMC (Yields approximately 2,900 pages)
*Yields based on ISO/IEC Standard
1. Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
2. May vary depending on the output environment.
3. Letter size, after being restored from energy saver mode.
4. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
5. Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
6. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
7. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
8. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
9. Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the App store. Compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, the new iPad, iPad 2, and the original iPad running OS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2
10. Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print™ function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
11. AirPrint™ functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint™-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
12. User may be prompted to update device firmware depending on the purchase date of the unit. The firmware can be found by going to www.usa.canon.com/support and searching your model under Drivers & Software. For update instructions, see the document bundled into the firmware download.