EOS R5 C RF24–105mm F4 L IS USM Lens Kit
- Supports 8K/60P Internal RAW or Cinema RAW Light Recording, HDMI 8K RAW Output to Compatible Recorders, 8K HDR Recording (PQ/HLG)
- Internal Cooling Fan Enables Non-stop 8K/60P Recording
- Expanded Interface for Professional Needs
- Carries on the Ergonomic EOS Design
- Full-featured 13 Assignable Buttons
- 8K Sensor and DIGIC X Processor with 4K and 2K Oversampling
We reserve the right to change the Service benefits, including discount amounts and eligibility used to determine discount amounts, at any time in our sole discretion. All such changes will apply to future orders.
When you are enrolled, the Service will automatically create a new order for Eligible Products according to the shipment schedule applicable to the frequency of the Service you have selected, until you cancel.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your enrollment at any time without notice. If we do so, you will only be charged for orders that have been shipped to you.
The eligible products that may be ordered through the Service (the identity of which are subject to change) are set forth on the product detail page on the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com) with the option to select the Service displayed (each, an "Eligible Product"). Your participation in the Service is personal to you, and you may not assign or transfer your enrollment, or any of the benefits of the Service, to any third party without our authorization. The Service is only available to customers with shipping addresses in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
Offers, Orders and Returns
Discounts and any limited time promotions associated with the Service apply only to Eligible Products displaying the offer message on the product detail page on the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). Discounts and any amounts from limited time promotions that apply to your order, if any, and which are still in effect, will be automatically deducted from your order.
Some offer details may change as you receive deliveries over time (for example, price, taxes, availability, and shipping charges). If an Eligible Product is unavailable when we plan to ship it, we will notify you that we are unable to process your order, and we will wait to process your order until the next scheduled shipping date when the Eligible Product is available. When the Eligible Product becomes available, the price will be the price when you ordered it, regardless of when it becomes available.
Returns of Eligible Products under the Service are subject to our return policy. Service enrollments are void where prohibited.
As part of your enrollment in the Service, you will be required to register with us so that your printer can be identified as participating in the Service. Instructions for registering your printer are contained in the introductory email sent to you after you apply for enrollment in the Service, as well as in the "My Account" section of the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). You will be required to accept terms and conditions provided by our parent company, Canon Inc., as part of registering your printer. Canon Inc. will notify us when an ink or toner cartridge reaches a certain low ink/toner threshold, and we will fill an order for the ink or toner and ship it to you under these Terms. Information provided to us and Canon Inc. may be stored on servers outside of the United States and will be subject to our Privacy Statement. It's possible that your order for Eligible Products will not arrive prior to running out of ink or toner where your use was more than usual, particularly if such greater use occurred over 1 or 2 days.
Payment and Cancellation
The total cost charged to your payment method for each order under the Service will be the cost of the Eligible Product on the day that order is processed, less any discount offered as a percentage or dollars off at the time you registered, plus any applicable sales tax. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any discount offered at the time you registered for the Service, with notice to you, and future orders fulfilled under the Service will reflect any such change.
For each Eligible Product shipped under the Service, you authorize us to charge the payment method used when you enrolled unless otherwise directed by you. If we are unable to complete your order with the payment method you used when you enrolled, we will not fulfill the order and will notify you that your payment method needs to be updated.
Your enrollment in the Service will remain in effect until it is canceled. You can cancel or modify your enrollment at any time via the "My Account" section of the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). If you cancel or modify your enrollment after an order has been processed, you will be charged for the order as processed. If the discount for such Eligible Product changes, the new discount will be applied to your future shipments of that Eligible Product. If, after enrollment, you are no longer in possession of your printer for any reason (e.g., due to warranty return, replacement, or exchange), the total cost for the Service will continue to be charged to your payment method until you cancel your enrollment. No refunds will be granted because of your failure to cancel your enrollment in such situation.
Your rights under these Terms will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms and conditions. In the event of such termination, we may immediately revoke your access to the Service. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Terms and will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
Changes to Terms
We may, in our sole discretion, change these Terms without notice to you. If any change to these Terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION AFTER WE CHANGE THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE SERVICE INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL OUR, OR OUR LICENSORS’, AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
The Canon Online Store will accept, for return or exchange, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at the Canon Online Store, subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below: All merchandise returned to the Canon Online Store must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange. Shipping and handling fees from your original order will not be refunded, unless the merchandise is determined by the Canon Online Store, in its sole discretion, to be defective.
See Return Policy for complete information.
EOS R5 C Full-frame, 8K Cinema EOS System Camera
Compact and lightweight, the EOS R5 C is a true hybrid camera, boasting many of the video formats and features from the Cinema EOS lineup as well as many of the still-imaging capabilities of the EOS R5 camera in a beautifully designed body.
The EOS R5 C is a complete package that offers filmmakers, multimedia journalists, and advanced amateurs a cost-effective 8K, 4K, and FHD video camera to help unlock their creative potential.
View Full Technical Specs PDF
Digital single-lens non-reflex AF/AE camera
- Type B: Card slot
- SD card speed class-compatible.
- Compatible with UHS-II
- Eye-Fi cards and Multimedia cards (MMC) are not supported.
Canon RF lens group (excluding EF, EF-S and EF-M lenses)
When using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R: Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses)
Canon RF mount
CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
Approx. 45.0 megapixels
Approx. 36.0 x 24.0 mm
Approx. 4.40 micro square
Approx. 47.1 megapixels
RGB primary color filters
Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
- At power off only / Enable / Disable. Performed automatically (taking about approx. 2 sec. as indi-cated on the screen) or manually (taking about approx. 8 sec. as indicated on the screen).
- After manually activated cleaning, the camera will automatically restart (Power OFF to ON).
- When [Multi Shot Noise Reduction], [Multiple exposures], or [HDR mode] is set, [Clean now] and [Clean manually] cannot be selected.
- Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS Canon Digital Professional Software (v. 4.14 and higher) to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Not available with EF-S lenses, in cropped shooting or multi-exposure shooting.
- Manual cleaning (by hand)
*Supports time difference information in Exif 2.31.
(3) Multiple Exposure
(3) Bulb Timer
(4) Multi-Shot NR
Large/RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
Medium: 5808 x 3872
Small 1: 4176 x 2784
Small 2: 2400 x 1600
Large/RAW/C-RAW: 5088 x 3392
Small 2: 2400 x 1600
4:3 Aspect Ratio
Large: 7280 x 5464
Medium: 5152 x 3872
Small 1: 3712 x 2784
Small 2: 2112 x 1600
RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Large: 8192 x 4608
Medium: 5808 x 3264
Small 1: 4176 x 2344
Small 2: 2400 x 1344
RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
1:1 Aspect Ratio
Large: 5456 x 5456
Medium: 3872 x 3872
Small 1: 2784 x 2784
Small 2: 1600 x 1600
RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
- Values for Recording Pixels are rounded to the nearest 100,000 or 10,000.
- For RAW and JPEG images, information outside the cropping area is not retained.
- JPEG images are generated in the set aspect ratio.
- RAW images are generated in [3:2], and the set aspect ratio is appended.
The following file numbers can be set:
- File numbering methods
- Continuous numbering
- The numbering of captured images continues even after you replace the card.
- Auto reset
- When you replace the card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new SD card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
- Continuous numbering
- Manual reset
- Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
Simultaneous recording of any combination of RAW/C-RAW and JPEG/HEIF image-recording quality is supported.
Selectable between sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Fine Detail
- User Defined 1-3
- In Scene Intelligent Auto, [Auto] will be set automatically.
- [Standard] is the default setting for [User Def. 1-3].
- Auto (Ambience priority/White priority)
- Day Light
- Tungsten light
- White fluorescent light
- Custom (Custom WB)
- Color temperature
Option between ambience priority and white priority settings.
Blue/amber bias: +-9 levels
Magenta/green bias: +-9 levels
Corrected in reference to the current WB mode's color temperature.
OLED color electronic viewfinder; approx. 5.76 million dots resolution
Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally relative to the shooting image area (with image quality L, at approx. 23mm eyepoint).
Approx. 0.76x / Approx. 35.5 degrees (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m -1)
Approx. 23mm (at -1 m -1 from the eyepiece lens end)
Approx. -4.0 to + 2.0 m -1 (dpt)
- Maximum burst
- Possible shots/Sec. until self-timer shoots
- Focus Bracketing/ Multiple-exposure/HDR shooting/Multi Shot Noise Reduction/Bulb time/Interval timer
- Shooting mode
- AF method
- AF operation
- Image quality
- Drive mode
- Metering mode
- No. of remaining shots for focus bracketing, multiple exposures, or interval timer
- Electronic level
- Movie recording time available
- Battery level
- Image Stabilizer (IS mode)
- Histogram (Brightness/RGB)
- Quick Control button
- Anti-flicker shooting
- White balance/White balance correction
- Picture style
- Auto Lighting Optimizer
- Still photo cropping / Aspect ratio
- AF point (1-point AF)
- View Assist
- HDR PQ
- Flash ready / FE lock / High-speed sync
- Electronic shutter
- Touch shutter / Create folder
- AE lock
- Shutter speed / Multi-function lock warning
- Aperture value
- Wi-Fi function
- Wi-F signal strength
- Bluetooth function
- Exposure simulation
- Magnify button
- ISO speed
- Highlight tone priority
- Exposure compensation
- Exposure level indicator
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
AF area: Horizontal: Approx. 100% x Vertical: Approx. 100%
Stills: Max. 1053 zones (39 x 27)
Movies: Max. 819 zones (39 x21)
EV -6 to 20 (f/1.2 lens*, center AF point, One-Shot AF, at 73F/23C, ISO 100)
* Except RF lenses with a Defocus Smoothing (DS) coating.
|Expand AF Area|
(Above, below, left and right/Around)
|Large Zone AF (Vertical/Horizontal)|
* Available with [AF method] set to Face+Tracking, Zone AF, or Large Zone AF (vertical/horizontal)
Real-time metering with image sensor (384 [24x16 zone metering])
- Evaluative metering (AF point-linked)
- Partial metering (approx. 6.1% of the area at the center of the screen)
- Spot metering (approx. 3.1% of the area at the center of the screen)
- Center-weighted average metering
EV -3 - 20 (at 73F/23C, ISO 100) (Still Photo Shooting)
- Scene Intelligent Auto
- Flexible-priority AE (Fv)
- Program AE (P)
- Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible) (Tv)
- Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible) (Av)
- Manual exposure (M)
- Custom shooting mode C1, C2, C3
Available ISO speeds; user-set
|Normal||ISO 100-51200 (1/3- or 1-stop increments)|
|Expanded||L: equivalent to ISO 50, H: 102400|
- For [Highlight tone priority], the minimum ISO speed limit will be ISO 200 to 51200.
- Expanded ISO cannot be set for HDR mode or during HDR PQ shooting.
User-defined ISO range - still photo shooting
|ISO Speed Range||ISO Speed|
|Minimum||L (50)-51200 (in 1-stop increments)|
|Maximum||ISO 100-H (102400) (in 1-stop increments)|
* Expanded ISO speeds are noted as being "equivalent" to these speeds.
User-defined Auto ISO range - still photo shooting
|Auto Range||ISO Speed|
|Minimum||ISO 100-25600 (in 1-stop increments)|
|Maximum||ISO 200-51200 (in 1-stop increments)|
ISO Auto details in still photo shooting
|Shooting Mode||No Flash||Using Flash|
|Auto||ISO 100-12800||ISO 100-1600* 3|
|P||ISO 100* 1* 2-51200* 2||ISO 100* 1* 2-6400* 2* 4|
|B||ISO 400* 3|
1 ISO 200 when [Highlight tone priority] is set to [Enable] or [Enhanced].
* 2 Varies depending on [Maximum] and [Minimum] of [Auto range].
* 3 If outside the setting range, changed to the value most close to ISO 400.
* 4ISO 1600 when using a lens that is not compatible with "Variable control of maximum ISO Auto limit for E-TTL".
|Manual||±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments|
|AEB||±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments|
- Auto AE lock
- The metering mode for AE lock after focus can be customized.
- User-applied AE lock
- In the Fv, P, Tv, Av and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
- Enabled in all metering modes.
- Electronic 1st-Curtain
- Electronic Shutter (1st and 2nd curtain - silent*)
* A shutter release sound is not generated. However, note that the sounds other than the shutter release sound (aperture, focusing lens drive sound/electronic sound, etc.) may be generated.
* In electronic shutter shooting under conditions such as flash firing by other cameras or with fluores-cent lighting or other flickering light sources, a strip of light or banding due to the brightness difference may be recorded in the image.
When [Mechanical] or [Elec. 1st- curtain] is set: 1/8000-30 sec, bulb
When [Electronic] is set: 1/8000-0.5 sec.
Mechanical Shutter: 1/200 sec.
Elec. 1st-curtain: 1/250 sec.
Soft-touch electromagnetic release
10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay
|Flash||Mechanical Shutter||Electronic 1st Curtain||Electronic shutter|
*Measured with shutter button pressed fully from half-pressed
position||Not used||Approx. 81 ms||Approx. 50 ms||Approx. 50 ms|
Image Stabilization (IS mode)
Optical IS with RF and EF lenses equipped with Image Stabilization.
- Always on
- Only for shot
A narrower angle of view is used when digital image stabilization is selected in the menu. This is equivalent to approx. 1.1x longer focal length when Electronic Image Stabilization mode (Standard) is selected. Also, this is equivalent to approx. 1.43x longer focal length when Electronic Image Stabilization mode (High) is selected.
Ambience priority, standard, flash priority
Canon EX- and EL-series Speedlites
- Evaluative (Face Priority)
- 1/250* - 30 sec., auto
- 1/250* - 1/60 sec., auto
- 1/250* sec. (fixed)
* With mechanical shutter — 1/200 sec.
Provided for EX- and EL-series Speedlites
+-3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- E-TTL each shot
- E-TTL 1st shot
|Drive Modes||Icon Display||Mechanical Shutter||Electronic 1st curtain||Electronic shutter|
|Green*²||Approx. 12 shots/sec.||Approx. 20 shots/sec|
|White||Approx. 9.2 shots/sec.|
|White (Blinking)||Approx. 6.8 shots/sec.|
|Green*²||Approx. 6.0 shots/sec.||Approx. 8.0 shots/sec.|
|White||Approx. 5.1 shots/sec.||Approx. 6.0 shots/sec.|
|White (Blinking)||Approx. 3.9 shots/sec.||Approx. 4.9 shots/sec.|
|Green*²||Approx. 3.0 shots/sec.|
|Self-timer:10 sec / remote control||Yes|
|Self-timer:2 sec / remote control||Yes|
* Continuous shooting speed is lower under certain shooting and measurement conditions: shutter speed, aperture value,subject conditions, brightness, type of lens, timing when internal memory becomes full (temporarily disables shooting)
- Mechanical / electronic 1st curtain: use of flash, anti-flicker shooting: Enable, Dual Pixel RAW shooting- Enable, type of battery, battery level, temperature, use of a battery grip, use of WFT, use of built-in Wi-Fi.
- Electronic shutter: State of aperture in continuous shooting
* With Certain lenses, zooming during continuous shooting with electronic shutter may cause changes in exposure even at the same f/number.
*1: For shooting RAW images in [High-speed continuous +], 13-bit A/D conversion will apply regardless of the mode (A, B, or C).
*2: With Anti-flicker shooting, max. continuous shooting speed may drop to approx 6.2 fps (with electronic 1st curtain shutter) or approx. 4.9 fps (with mechanical shutter).
* For Dual Pixel RAW shooting, Low-speed continuous shooting will apply.
Still Shooting with Mechanical Shutter or electronic 1st-curtain shutter, shot at approx. 12 fps
|Maxiumum Burst [Approx.]|
|SD Card (UHS-I)||SD Card
|JPEG* 4||L (fine)||190||350||350|
|RAW+JPEG* 4||RAW +
|JPEG* 4||L (fine)||170|
|RAW+JPEG* 4||RAW + L (fine)||84|
|C-RAW + L (fine)||150|
*²: The number of shots available and maximum burst (CFexpress card) apply to a 325 GB CFexpress card conforming to Canon testing standards.
*³: Available when [HDR PQ] for HDR shooting is set to [Enable].
*: When [HDR PQ] for HDR shooting is set to [Disable].
*: With mechanical shutter or electronic 1st-curtain shutter, shot at approx. 12 fps.
* File size, number of possible shots, and maximum burst vary depending on shooting conditions (including 1.6x crop/aspect ratio, subject, memory card brand, ISO speed, Picture Style, and Custom Function).
HDR Shooting - Still
Disable / Enable
|Recording format||Bit depth||Color sampling method||HDR specification|
|HEIF||10 bit||YCbCr 4:2:2||ITU-R BT.2100 (PQ)|
TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
3.2-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
3.15 in./8.01cm diagonal (2.63 in./6.67cm width, 1.75 in./4.44cm height)
Approx. 2.1 million dots
Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally
Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
Clear View LCD II
- Anti-smudge coating applied.
- Anti-reflection coating not applied.
12 (English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Ukraine, Russian, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
|Magnify zoom display||1.5x-10x (5 levels)||-|
|AF point display||Yes||-|
|Grid display||Off / 3x3 / 6x4 / 3x3+diag||-|
|Rating||OFF / 1 to 5
Select images / Select range / All images in folder / All images on card /
All found images
|Image Search||Search conditions|
Rating / Date / Folder / Protect / Type of file
|Protect||Select images / Select
range / All images in folder / Unprotect all images in folder / All images on card /|
Unprotect all images on card /All found images
|In-camera RAW image processing||Supported||-|
The white areas with no image data will blink.
Brightness and RGB
Quick Control Function
The Quick Control screen is accessed by pressing the Quick Control button during still photo shooting.
Image Protection and Erase
- Single image (select image)
- Select range
- All images in a folder
- All images on card
- Image browsing and image search can be based on ratings.
- Ratings-based image selections also possible with DPP.
- All found images (only during image search)
Except protected images
- Select images to erase
- Select range
- All images in folder
- All images on card
- All found images (only during image search)
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
Compliant to DPOF Version 1.1
DS-SS modulation (IEEE 802.11b)
OFDM modulation (IEEE 802.11g/n/a/ac)
Frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz Channels: 1 to 11 channels
5 GHz band Frequency: 5180 to 5825 MHz
Channels: 36 to 165 channels
(1)Camera access point mode
|Encryption||Key Format and Length|
|Camera Access Point||WPA2-PSK||AES||• ASCII 8 characters|
|Infrastructure||Open||WEP||• Hexadecimal 10 digits
• Hexadecimal 26 digits
• ASCII 5 characters
• ASCII 13 characters
|Shared key||WEP||Same as WEP above|
|• Hexadecimal 64 digits
• ASCII 8-63 characters
Images can be viewed, controlled, and received using a smartphone.
Remote control of the camera using a smartphone is possible depending on the Camera Connect specifications.
Images can be sent to a smartphone.
The camera can be controlled via Wi-Fi® using EOS Utility.
Still photos (RAW, C-RAW, HEIF, and JPEG) and movies (MP4) can be uploaded to image.canon server album.
With the image.canon server, images can be sent to social media or a photo album link can be sent (by the image.canon specifications).
Bluetooth Specification Version 5.0 compliant (Bluetooth low energy technology)
22 Custom Functions are settable.
|AE lock button|
|AF point button|
|Depth of field preview button|
|Lens AF stop button|
|LCD panel illumination button|
|Quick control dial 1 and 2|
- Up to six top-tier menu items and Custom Functions can be registered.
- Up to five My Menu tabs can be added.
|My Menu tab overall operations|
|My Menu tab detailed operations|
Equivalent to Hi-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 2)
- For PC communication
- Terminal type: USB Type-C
- Shared with terminal for in-camera charging with USB Power Adapter PD-E1.
- In-camera Charging: Equivalent to USB type-C (5 V/1.5 A), but use should be restricted to USB Power Adapter PD-E1.
- Video Output (UVC).
- Canon App(s) for iPhone
- PTP connection/GP-E2
HDMI micro OUT terminal Type D (Resolution switches automatically) / CEC not compatible
- Images can be displayed through the HDMI output and on screen at the same time.
- Images will not be displayed unless [NTSC] or [PAL] is properly set according to the video system of the TV set.
3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
- With the AC Adapter AC-E6N + DC Coupler DR-E6, AC power is possible.
- With the USB Power Adapter PD-E1, in-camera charging of LP-E6NH is possible.
Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON.
Displayed in 6 levels on top LCD panel.
- Battery level can be checked on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
Battery Info display in Set-up Menu:
- Type of power source used.
- Remaining capacity (percentage of battery charge remaining).
- Recharge performance: (3-level display of battery's ability to hold a charge)
Approx. 0.4 sec.
- Based on CIPA testing standards.
Dimensions and Weight
Approx. 5.6 x 4.0 x 4.4 in. / 142 x 101 x 111mm
- Based on CIPA standards.
Approx. 1.7 lbs. / 770g (including battery, CFexpress card; without body cap)
Approx. 1.5 lbs. / 680g (body only; without battery, card or body cap)
32-104 F / 0-+40C
85% or less
How is your Canon product performing for you?
- Wireless connectivity for the transfer of video files requires the use of the Canon WFT-R10 wireless transmitter.
- Continuous recording of video is dependent upon media capacity and continuous power to the camera. Continuous power options include Canon's PD-E1 USB power adapter (sold separately), or the DR-E6C DC coupler (sold separately) combined with the CA-946 compact power adapter (sold separately) or compatible third party solutions
- The EOS R5 C camera does not feature In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS). Electronic IS during video recording detects camera/lens movement or shake, and digitally moves the image on the image sensor to counter the detected movement, but the image sensor itself does not physically move. Electronic IS will slightly crop the outer edges of the full video recording area.
- For still images
- Effectiveness varies depending on the subject. In some cases, dogs, cats or birds may not be detected, while some animals other than dogs, cats or birds may be detected.
- When taking still photos. Actual coverage varies depending on the lens in use. Focus area will not be covered with the following RF lenses: RF600mm F11 IS STM, RF800mm F11 IS STM.
- Camera settings: Center AF point, normal temperature, One-shot AF, ISO 100.
- Must be paired with the Canon EOS R5 C equipped with firmware update version 1.5.0 or later and utilize Canon EOS VR Software solution(s) (paid subscription). Viewing in 3D requires the use of a compatible Head Mount Display.