ZOOM Digital Monocular
- POWERFUL ZOOM
- COMPACT & EASY-TO-USE
- STAY STEADY UP-CLOSE
- SEE AND CAPTURE IT ALL
We reserve the right to change the Service benefits, including discount amounts and eligibility used to determine discount amounts, at any time in our sole discretion. All such changes will apply to future orders.
When you are enrolled, the Service will automatically create a new order for Eligible Products according to the shipment schedule applicable to the frequency of the Service you have selected, until you cancel.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your enrollment at any time without notice. If we do so, you will only be charged for orders that have been shipped to you.
The eligible products that may be ordered through the Service (the identity of which are subject to change) are set forth on the product detail page on the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com) with the option to select the Service displayed (each, an "Eligible Product"). Your participation in the Service is personal to you, and you may not assign or transfer your enrollment, or any of the benefits of the Service, to any third party without our authorization. The Service is only available to customers with shipping addresses in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
Offers, Orders and Returns
Discounts and any limited time promotions associated with the Service apply only to Eligible Products displaying the offer message on the product detail page on the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). Discounts and any amounts from limited time promotions that apply to your order, if any, and which are still in effect, will be automatically deducted from your order.
Some offer details may change as you receive deliveries over time (for example, price, taxes, availability, and shipping charges). If an Eligible Product is unavailable when we plan to ship it, we will notify you that we are unable to process your order, and we will wait to process your order until the next scheduled shipping date when the Eligible Product is available. When the Eligible Product becomes available, the price will be the price when you ordered it, regardless of when it becomes available.
Returns of Eligible Products under the Service are subject to our return policy. Service enrollments are void where prohibited.
As part of your enrollment in the Service, you will be required to register with us so that your printer can be identified as participating in the Service. Instructions for registering your printer are contained in the introductory email sent to you after you apply for enrollment in the Service, as well as in the "My Account" section of the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). You will be required to accept terms and conditions provided by our parent company, Canon Inc., as part of registering your printer. Canon Inc. will notify us when an ink or toner cartridge reaches a certain low ink/toner threshold, and we will fill an order for the ink or toner and ship it to you under these Terms. Information provided to us and Canon Inc. may be stored on servers outside of the United States and will be subject to our Privacy Statement. It's possible that your order for Eligible Products will not arrive prior to running out of ink or toner where your use was more than usual, particularly if such greater use occurred over 1 or 2 days.
Payment and Cancellation
The total cost charged to your payment method for each order under the Service will be the cost of the Eligible Product on the day that order is processed, less any discount offered as a percentage or dollars off at the time you registered, plus any applicable sales tax. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any discount offered at the time you registered for the Service, with notice to you, and future orders fulfilled under the Service will reflect any such change.
For each Eligible Product shipped under the Service, you authorize us to charge the payment method used when you enrolled unless otherwise directed by you. If we are unable to complete your order with the payment method you used when you enrolled, we will not fulfill the order and will notify you that your payment method needs to be updated.
Your enrollment in the Service will remain in effect until it is canceled. You can cancel or modify your enrollment at any time via the "My Account" section of the Canon Direct website (shop.usa.canon.com). If you cancel or modify your enrollment after an order has been processed, you will be charged for the order as processed. If the discount for such Eligible Product changes, the new discount will be applied to your future shipments of that Eligible Product. If, after enrollment, you are no longer in possession of your printer for any reason (e.g., due to warranty return, replacement, or exchange), the total cost for the Service will continue to be charged to your payment method until you cancel your enrollment. No refunds will be granted because of your failure to cancel your enrollment in such situation.
Your rights under these Terms will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms and conditions. In the event of such termination, we may immediately revoke your access to the Service. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Terms and will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
Changes to Terms
We may, in our sole discretion, change these Terms without notice to you. If any change to these Terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION AFTER WE CHANGE THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE SERVICE INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL OUR, OR OUR LICENSORS’, AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
The Canon Online Store will accept, for return or exchange, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at the Canon Online Store, subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below: All merchandise returned to the Canon Online Store must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange. Shipping and handling fees from your original order will not be refunded, unless the merchandise is determined by the Canon Online Store, in its sole discretion, to be defective.
See Return Policy for complete information.
Go further and see farther with the ZOOM Digital Monocular. Easily and clearly see distant subjects closer, wherever you are. With the one-touch three-step button, quickly switch the telephoto lens from 100mm optical to 400mm optical, and directly to 800mm digital for subjects even further away. Its sleek, compact design is pocket-sized so you can comfortably take the ZOOM with you anywhere you go from sporting events to nature walks and more. Image Stabilization helps keep the view steady and Auto Focus helps keep your field of vision crisp and sharp. A 12-megapixel CMOS sensor lets you capture Full HD 30fps video, as well as still images.1 With built-in Wi-Fi®,3 and Bluetooth®,4, you can even connect to your compatible smartphone for Remote LiveView shooting2 or transfer images and videos to enjoy or share later on. The ZOOM Digital Monocular is a fun and affordable viewing option with a fantastic far-reaching zoom so you won’t miss any details, even those further in the distance.
View Full Technical Specs PDF
Type of Camera
Compact telephoto digital monocular
CMOS sensor, 1/3-inch type^ (sensor aspect ratio: 4:3)
^ The center portion of a 1/2.3-inch type CMOS sensor is used.
Effective Pixels: 12.1 Megapixels
Total Pixels: Approx. 12.1 Megapixels
* Rounded to the nearest 100,000.
Optical 4x lens that switches between two focal lengths.
• Telephoto side: approx. 100mm – 35mm equivalent (13.8mm)
• Super-tele side: approx. 400mm – 35mm equivalent (55.5mm)
• Digital Zoom: approx. 800mm – 35mm equivalent (2x digital)
* Focal length can be checked through the viewfinder.
11 elements in 8 groups
* Aspherical lens, extra-low dispersion lens not included
* Front lens surface has a cover glass (Not included in the lens construction)
Enables approx. 2x magnification
• Switches among focal lengths in the following order, as controlled with the (ZOOM) button:
• Equivalent to approx. 100mm (optical) -> equivalent to approx. 400mm (optical) -> equivalent to approx 800mm (digital).
|Still Photo Shooting||Movie Recording|
|Equivalent to approx. 100mm||Approx. 1.2x||Approx. 1.2x|
|Equivalent to approx. 400mm||Approx. 4.8x||Approx. 4.8x|
|Equivalent to approx. 800mm||Approx. 9.6x||Approx. 9.6x|
• 100mm: 102’ @ 100 yd / 31 m @ 100 m
• 400mm: 25.7’ @ 100 yd / 7.8 m @ 100 m
• 800mm: 12.9’ @ 100 yd / 3.9 m @ 100 m
• Wide-angle: Approx. 3.28 ft. - Infinity / 1m - Infinity.
• Telephoto: Approx. 14.76 ft. - Infinity / 4.5m - Infinity.
* Macro functionality not provided. Measure from the tip of the lens barrel.
• Wide-angle side: f/5.6
• Telephoto side: f/6.3
* No aperture control.
• 1-point AF
* Fixed at the center of the screen for 1-point AF.
Lens shift system
* 4-axis correction (Yaw/Pitch/X/Y)
* Image stabilization cannot be deactivated.
Viewfinder & Monitor
Electronic Viewfinder (Approx. 2.36 million dots)
Approx. 22mm (at -1m-1 from eyepiece lens end)
Approx. -3 to +1m-1(dpf)
Approx. 1.04 million dots
microSD / microSDHC /microSDXC memory card
* SD speed class compatible.
* UHS speed class compatible.
* UHS-I compatible.
Lamp lights up / blinks.
The error warnings are displayed in the viewfinder, and the shutter release locks.
* Logical formatting not available.
Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif. 2.31
* Supports time difference information.
* RAW / C-RAW / HEIF shooting are not supported.
Still Photo Recording1
|Image Quality||Recorded pixels|
|JPEG Large / Fine||12.0 megapixels (4000 x 3000)|
* Image quality adjustment not available.
* Lower image quality when equivalent to approx. 800mm, due to digital cropping.
Fixed at 4:3 and not adjustable.
* Number of shots available and maximum burst in high-speed continuous shooting driving mode.
* Number of shots available and maximum burst apply to a 64 GB card conforming to Canon testing standards.
* File size, number of possible shots, and maximum burst vary depending on shooting conditions (including subject and memory card brand).
Supported +/- 3 stops
Single Shooting, Continuous Shooting
|Video||H.264 / MPEG-4
* Variable (averaged) bit rate
|Audio||MPEG-4 AAC-LC (stereo)|
Full HD: 1920x1080 / Standard (IPB)
* Movie recording size adjustment not available.
When set to NTSC: 29.97 / 23.98 fps
Approx. 30 Mbps
* Video only, not including audio.
Approx. 217 MB/min.
9 min. 59 sec.
* Movie recording is not possible during Wi-Fi connection
|8 GB||Approx. 35 min.|
|32 GB||Approx. 2 hr. 33 min.|
|128 GB||Approx. 9 hr. 38 min|
|Card||Format||Maximum File Size|
|microSD||FAT12/16||Max. 2 GB|
|microSDHC||FAT32||Max. 4 GB|
Micro SD card with SD Speed Class 6 or higher
YCbCr 4:2:0 (8 bit)
Full range (0-255)
Built-in stereo microphone
* External microphone IN terminal not provided.
* HDMI OUT terminal not provided.
Auto ( White balance presets not provided.)
• Playback in the cameras electronic viewfinder.
• Playback on a smartphone (requires Camera Connect app (Remote control from app is not available for video)).
Still photos: Images saved in Design rule for Camera File system format.
Movies: Movie files in MP4 format
* May not support playback of images from cameras other than Zoom.
- Skip backwards (approx. 4 sec.)
- Previous frame
- Next frame
- Skip forward (approx. 4 sec.)
* slow motion, editing out first and last scenes, and volume adjustment are not available.
Basic information display
* Display without information and detailed information display are not available.
Select and erase images / All images on card.
Image Processing After Shooting
Wireless connections: Not supported
Wired Connections: Not supported
Shown in the electornic viewfinder
• Shooting settings
• Playback settings
• Wireless communication settings
• Function settings
31 languages are available.
English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukrainian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turksih, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Persian, Hewbrew, and Japanese.
* Firmware can be updated using Camera Connect (transferring firmware from Camera Connect to the camera).
For charging the built-in battery and supplying the power to the camera.
* Recognized as a USB device when connected to a computer, and images on the memory card in the Zoom camera can be browsed and imported (transfer speed equivalent to Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)).
Date / Time Function
Honolulu, Anchorage, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, New York, Caracas, Newfoundland, Sao Paulo, Fernando de Noronha, Azores, London, Paris, Cairo, Moscow, Tehran, Dubai, Kabul, Karachi, Delhi, Kathmandu, Dacca, Yangon, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo/Seoul, Adelaide, Sydney, Solomon Islands, Wellington, Chatham Islands, Samoa.
Provided (15 minute increments).
Same as battery that powers the camera.
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Rated Voltage: 3.6 V
Capacity: 800 mAh
|Power turned On|
|Type-C||18 W (9 V / 2 A)
power to the
|Supplying power to the camera + Charging|
|5 V / 3 A|
|5 V / 1.5 A||-|
|5 V / 0.5 A||-|
* During Wi-Fi connection, excluding remote shooting.
* To avoid overheating, shooting may stop sooner when connected to a power supply during shooting.
Commercially available USB Type-C devices that meet the specification requirements in charging /powering section*:
• ANKER PowerPort III Nano Charger (included)
• USB Power Adapter PD-E1 (Sold seperately).
Additional Third-Party Power Supplies*:
• Anker PowerPort Atom PD1 (Charging adapter)
• Anker PowerPort III Nano 20W
* Canon makes no representations or warranties with respect to any third party accessory or product mentioned.
Approx. 41-104°F / 5-40°C
|Accessing to the files||Green / Lit|
|Wi-Fi Connection established||Green/ Blinking|
|USB Charging||Orange / Lit|
|Viewfinder off Warning||Green / Blinking|
|Error||Green / Blinking|
||Charging Time for built-in Battery|
|PD-E1||1 hr. 50 min.|
* To fully recharge a completely depleted battery (unless over-discharge; details conform to Canon testing standards).
* Charging time varies depending on remaining battery level and ambient temperature.
* For safety, charging takes longer in colder environments (41-50°F / 5-10°C).
* Charging time when connected to devices other than PD-E1 varies by device and is beyond the scope of this technical information.
Approx. 150 shots
* Based on CIPA standards, at 73°F / 23°C
Approx. 1 hr. 10 min..
* With a fully charged battery, at room temperatue 73°F / 23°C
Approx 2 hrs.
* With a fully charged battery, at room temperatue 73°F / 23°C
Approx. 0.7 sec. * Based on CIPA testing standards.
|Auto Power Off||15 sec. / 30 sec. / 1 min. / 3 min.|
|Viewfinder Off||3 min. / Disable|
Approx. 1.31 x 2.00 x 4.06 in. / 33.4 x 50.8 x 103.2mm
Approx. 5.12 oz. / 145g (including memory card)
Approx. 5.08 oz. / 144g (camera body only)
How is your Canon product performing for you?
- Photo shooting and video recording functionality available only when compatible microSD is inserted in the ZOOM.
- Remote control functionality supported only with firmware version 1.1.0 or later.
- Compatible with iOS® versions 12.4/13.7, Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 6.0/7.0/7.1/8.0/8.1/9.0/10. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
- Compatible with select smartphone and tablet devices (Android™ version 5.0 or later and the following iOS® devices: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen. or later, iPod Touch 5th gen.or later) equipped with Bluetooth® version 4.1 or later and the Camera Connect App Ver. 2.7.10 or later. This application is not guaranteed to operate on all listed devices, even if minimum requirements are met.