After the Firmware update has been performed, the camcorder's menu and custom pictures will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom pictures as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. After the firmware update, write the saved settings data back to the camcorder. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VKC6.FIM / file size: 44,358,992 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- A XF205 or XF200 camcorder
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.13)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camcorder
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camcorder
- The firmware (the downloaded file)