Firmware Notice: XF205 / XF200 Firmware Version 18.104.22.168
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 incorporates the following fix:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the start time code is not correctly displayed when MP4 clips captured at 59.94P/50.00P frame rate are imported into NLE software.
* This applies to cameras equipped with Firmware Version 1.0.3.x – 1.0.4.x. MXF clips are not affected.
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 is for XF205 / XF200 camcorders with Firmware Version 1.0.0.x - 1.0.4.x. If your camcorder’s firmware is already Version 1.0.5.x, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camcorder is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camcorder's menu and custom pictures will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom pictures as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. After the firmware update, write the saved settings data back to the camcorder. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VKC6.FIM / file size: 44,358,992 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- A XF205 or XF200 camcorder
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.13)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camcorder
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camcorder
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
Download Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 for the XF205.
Download Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 for the XF200.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
If you have not already done so, Please register your Canon XF205 or your Canon XF200. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements..
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: