When you need help with your Canon product, be sure to connect with official Canon support.
There are many unauthorized third- party support sites available today, including some scam sites using the Canon logo and product images to falsely pose as official Canon support providers. These unauthorized sites often charge fees of up to $400 to provide support for your Canon product — and if it is a scamming site, they will just take your money and run, without providing any support.
Help avoid costly technical support scams by following these tips:
- When searching for support for your Canon product, avoid typing a Canon URL into the “text search” field on your search engine. Instead, enter the official Canon URL directly into the address bar at the top of your browser usa.canon.com/support. For future needs, we recommend that you bookmark or save the official Canon URL to your favorites to help ensure you are directed to your product’s support page on the official Canon USA website every time.
- Should you need to call Canon for product support, you can find the appropriate contact information on your product’s support page on the official Canon USA website at usa.canon.com/support.
- Canon USA will not charge for phone support during the warranty period for your Canon product. After your product’s warranty period has expired, Canon may charge up to $20 for phone support. If you are being charged more than $20, it is not official Canon USA phone support.
- For FREE online web support, be sure to visit the support page for your product on the official Canon USA website at usa.canon.com/support.
- For help setting up your Canon inkjet printer, visit ij.start.canon. If you want to enter this manually, please type ij.start.canon directly into the address bar, rather than into the browser search box, to help avoid going to an unauthorized site by mistake.
For more information regarding tech support scams and what to do, you may find helpful a recent blog post on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission website at www.consumer.ftc.gov.
Information provided above is subject to change at any time without notice.