Animal Photography Workshop at Triple D
Animal Photography Workshop at Triple D
$2,999 (CPS Discount $100)
Have you tried photographing North American wildlife or exotic African and Asian animals but found it frustrating because capturing dramatic wildlife images requires a long telephoto lens? Or perhaps wildlife photography has always been one of your dreams, but you’ve never had the opportunity because it’s expensive traveling to natural areas — plus wildlife spotting opportunities at these locales are often unreliable and fleeting.
One solution to learn new techniques or make your wildlife photography dreams come true is to join a photo tour to a well-known, respected game ranch where well-cared for animals can be photographed in beautiful natural surroundings.
Join Canon Explorer of Light Adam Jones, for an exceptional opportunity to learn and work with one of the best photographers and instructors around. This Wildlife Photography Workshop is timed to take advantage of cool winter temperatures when the animals have thick fur coats. Even better, Canon will be there with lots of gear, so you get to try different equipment and don’t even need to own a telephoto lens to participate.
Wildlife encountered may include mountain lion bobcat, lynx, wolves, bears, snow leopard, Amur leopard, coyote, Arctic fox, and red fox — and even a Siberian tiger!
Hosted at Triple "D" Wildlife, a family-owned business known for their high standards of care and ethical treatment of animals.
Licensed by US Fish & Wildlife Service and US Department of Agriculture
Fully accredited by Zoological Association of America
Trainers exercise the animals' instincts through play and reward - the ultimate form of enrichment. Photographers experience the animals displaying their natural behaviors in a familiar setting.
- Using natural light and the elements of design to compose stunning images
- Learn to “see” like a pro: Go beyond the obvious
- Setting up your camera to work the way you want
- Exposure: Getting it right every time, and using the histogram like a pro
- Autofocus consideration for tracking moving wildlife
- ISO and aperture techniques for tack sharp wildlife image
- Shutter speeds and motion treatments for moving subjects, such as wildlife
- Optimizing your images
- Canon gear loan (cameras, lenses, etc)
- Free large-format print of your favorite image from the workshop
- Some meals (see agenda for details)
- Workshop-related ground transportation
- Venue or grounds access during workshop hours
EOS R and RF Lenses
EOS 5D Mark IV
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
Extender EF 1.4X III
Extender EF 2X III
- Your favorite camera and backup camera if you have one
- We recommend bringing telephoto zoom lenses that range from 70mm to 500mm for wildlife, such as the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM and EF Extender 2x III or EF Externder 1.4x III. Please keep in mind that gear loans are included as part of the workshop fee and will provide the opportunity to experiment with the latest Canon gear
- Plenty of charged battery packs and memory cards
- A sturdy tripod (a must!)
- A laptop computer for downloading images, backup hard drive and USB flash drive
- Bring layers of clothing, waterproof coats, head gear, gloes and hand warmers; Weather can be highly variable from early morning to the afternoon. Mornings can be in the 20’s and daytime temperatures can climb into the 50’s
- Sturdy, water resistant boots are suggested for walking in snow, ice, and mud
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop. In just a day or two, this fun, hands-on workshop will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
- Skill Level
- Advanced Amateur
- Date & Time
- March 14, 2019 -March 18, 2019
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Springhill Suites Marriott
250 Old Reserve Drive
Kalispell, Montana 59901
- Questions ?