Canon U.S.A. Strengthens 4K Laser Projector Line-Up With New LX-MH502Z
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 2, 2018 – Meeting the 4K technology needs for a variety of industries and applications such as higher education classrooms, corporate meeting rooms and retail stores, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the launch of the company’s first single-chip DLP® 4K ultra-high definition (UHD) laser projector, the LX-MH502Z. This new model uses an innovative 4-way pixel shift technology to deliver its 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution1 and advanced laser phosphor light source generate up to 5,000 lumens to help provide a bright and sharp viewing experience, all in a compact and lightweight design. In addition, the LX-MH502Z offers peace of mind with an impressive Five-Year (or 12,000 Hours) Laser Limited Warranty.**
“Whether you’re an educator or small business owner, Canon’s LX-MH502Z projector is designed to help keep audiences engaged and focused,” said Kazuto Ogawa, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “With features such as 4K UHD resolution and a laser phosphor light source, the LX-MH502Z projector is proof of the company’s continued commitment to expand the imaging capabilities of our solutions.”
The key features of Canon LX-MH502Z projector also include:
- Installation Flexibility—Wide throw ratio of 1.36-2.18:1 and manual lens shift range of +/- 60 percent vertical and +/- 23 percent horizontal helps provide installation flexibility. The laser light source, which offers up to 20,000 hours2 of maintenance-free operation, expands this further as the projector can be mounted in virtually any position, including a portrait projection position.
- Image Quality Adjustment Options—Offers both pre-set and customizable image modes, as well as a 6-Axis Color Adjustment function that allows users to fine-tune the hue and saturation of each of the primary and secondary colors, providing a high degree of control to the users’ preference.
- DICOM® Simulation Mode3— Includes a DICOM® Simulation Mode which can be ideal for those in the medical education and training field who require displays with superb grayscale gradation for monochrome digital X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs. This mode simulates the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 14 standard.
- Versatile Connectivity— Offers dual HDMI inputs and an HDBaseT receiver which allows uncompressed HD video, audio and control signals through one single LAN cable (max distance of 328 feet).
Price and Availability
The Canon LX-MH502Z is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in November 2018 for a suggested retail price of $6690.00*.
This new laser projector is backed by Canon’s Laser Projector Limited Warranty**, which guarantees that the projector will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for five years or 12,000 hours. In addition, all projector models are also backed by the company’s award-winning Professional Service & Support, which includes, free of charge, both a three-year advanced Warranty Exchange Service Program and a Service Loaner Program. CarePAK Pro Av Extended Service Plan is also available at an additional cost, offering options for one or two years’ additional coverage for up to five full years of service and support from the date the projector is purchased.
For more information, please visit: projectors.usa.canon.com
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
# # #
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 When 4K Shift is set to ON.
2 Actual hours may vary depending on usage and environment. This is not a guarantee of the life span of individual laser diodes.
3 This device has not been authorized by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained. This product has not been tested for compliance with the performance standards for laser products under 21 CFR Part 1040. The product is not, and may not be, offered for sale or sold or leased in the United States until performance standard certifications have been completed.
* Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
** View the full warranty terms and conditions by visiting projectors.usa.canon.com/pdf/warranty/Canon_Laser_Projector_Limited_Warranty.pdf