CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
- Wide-angle lens for Canon APS-C cameras (equivalent to 38mm on a full-frame camera) offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design.
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF-S series (approx. lens width is 0.9 in, or slightly wider than a U.S. nickel).
- A stepping motor (STM) supports the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function to provide smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- Delivers outstanding image quality and excellent low-light performance.
- Aspheric lens element helps you achieve a high level of image quality from the center to the periphery.
- Optimized lens arrangement and coating helps minimize ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Aperture mechanism uses micro-stepping drive control for quieter drive.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF Mode.
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.5 ft./0.16 m; maximum magnification of x0.27.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
Diagonal Angle of View
Closest Focusing Distance
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
Approx. 4.4 oz. / 125 g
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
52mm Circular Polarizer PL-CB
Filter enhances picture quality by blocking harmful reflected light.
Extension Tube EF 12 II
Extension Tube EF 12 II is especially suited for close-focusing with wide-angle lenses.
Extension Tube EF 25 II
25mm fully coupled Extension Tube for EOS camera and most lenses to 350mm.
Lens Cap E-52 II
Lens Cap for lenses with a 52mm filter diameter.
Lens Case LP811
Canon Lens Case LP811 for the Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 lens, Life Size Converter EF, Extender EF 1.4x II or Extender EF 2x II.
Lens Dust Cap E Rear Cap
Rear lens cap for all EF type lenses, lens extenders, and extension tubes. Used to protect the rear glass element from dust and scratches.
Lens Hood ES-52
Designed to prevent stray light from entering the lens in order to keep unwanted glare from affecting your photographs.
A Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) chart measures a lens’ expected optical performance at the center of the picture area and measures repeatedly along the diagonal line, further and further toward the corners of the image. The higher a curve is shown on the chart, the better the lens is performing in the area the chart is measuring. As a curve moves from left to right, it displays the lens' results from center towards the corners.
For more information on understanding how to read Canon Lens MTF charts, please click here.
Canon EF 101: STM LensesCanon STM lenses have stepping motors that allow you to focus quietly and follow your subject smoothly. Canon expert Jon Lorentz demonstrates the quiet smoothness of Canon's STM technology.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.