Firmware Notice: EOS C70: Firmware Version 126.96.36.199
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 incorporates the following enhancements:
1. The following features are enabled when the following lenses are attached: CN8×15 IAS S/E1, CN-E20-50mm T2.4 L F, CN-E45-135mm T2.4 L F:
‐ Displaying metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached.
- Displaying T number
‐ Support for Peripheral Illumination Correction and Chromatic Lens Aberration Correction.
- Support for Dual Pixel CMOS AF autofocus（CN8×15 IAS S/E1 only）
- Support for [Dual Pixel Focus Guide].
2. The following features are enabled when the following lenses are attached: RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM, RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM:
- Adds a menu to switch lens functions. (Focus Ring, Control Ring, Lens Optical Image Stabilization)
3. Adds support for Canon IP [XC Protocol].
4. Enables SD Card recoding in XF-AVC 4K Intra setting frame rate 50/60 frames per second.
5. Enables Eye detection.
6. Enables Eye / Face detection and tracking when S&F shooting frame rate is set from 24 to 120 frames per second.
7. Adds support for 4CH display in audio meter.
8. Improves the retention of the recording settings when switching between normal shooting and S&F shooting.
9. Adds [Canon 709 / BT.709] to the Gamma/Color Space in Custom Picture setting.
10. Adds [CMT 709] in LUT and Proxy Rec Color Conversion.
11. Adds [CMT 709] in View Assist.
12. Adds [G Gain] in White Balance in Custom Picture settings.
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to perform the firmware update
- Firmware version 184.108.40.206 is for updating EOS C70 cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11. If your camera's firmware is already version 18.104.22.168, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
Download Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 for the EOS C70.
To help obtain optimal performance of this camera, we recommend that you also download and install the most recent versions of Canon Software.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C70. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Still need some help? In order to get more personalized and faster support, we recommend registering your product in your Canon Account.