The information you submit in the End-User Activation Form will be handled in accordance with the Canon U.S.A., Inc. Online Privacy Statement which can be found on our website at (http://www.usa.canon.com/privacy-statement).
1. In connection with the Advanced Warranty Exchange Service Program (the "Program"), Canon USA, Inc. ("Canon USA") will provide you with the following as an exchange for your eligible inoperative Canon Projector or Network Security Camera ("Product") located in the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii:
A replacement Product if repair service is requested within the Product's original limited warranty period. Products provided as replacements may be new, refurbished or reconditioned (at Canon USA's option), and will be the same as, or functionally equivalent to, your original Product.
2. Product for which a replacement has been requested must be diagnosed by a Canon Contact Center Representative to determine the nature of the problem, and whether the Product is eligible for service under the Product's Limited Warranty, before an exchange will be made. Refer to the Product's Limited Warranty Terms at www.usa.canon.com/support for complete details. Call Canon USA's Contact center using this toll-free number to initiate the exchange process: 1-800-OK-CANON. Walk through the issue with one of our trained technical support representatives to determine if the problem can be resolved without an exchange. If eligible, you will be provided the "END USER ACTIVATION FORM" for the ADVANCED WARRANTY EXCHANGE SERVICE PROGRAM. The technical support representative will collect proof of purchase verification information along with the signed "END USER ACTIVATION FORM", and will provide you with a reference number.
3. If the Product returned to Canon under this Program is determined not to be eligible for coverage under the Product's Limited Warranty, Canon USA may, at its sole option, charge you the "List Price" of the Product, which is set forth in the "END USER ACTIVATION FORM", or charge you for any service related costs in repairing the Product you returned.
4. Once the exchange has been initiated, the Canon USA repair facility will ship out the replacement product, via next business day service (three (3) business days for Alaska and Hawaii), prepaid by Canon USA, if your request for this service is received by 3 p.m. E.T. Monday through Friday, except holidays. Canon USA is not responsible for delays caused by factors beyond its reasonable control. After the replacement Product has been received, unpack and follow the included instructions to properly setup the replacement unit. DEPENDING ON THE PRODUCT SOME ITEMS MAY NEED TO BE TRANSFERRED FROM ORIGINAL UNIT TO THE REPLACEMENT (e.g., lamp, bracket etc.).
5. The original Product must be received at the Canon USA Repair facility within 15 days of shipment of the replacement Product. Use the pre-paid shipping label (included with the exchange Product) and the Product box and packing material that came with the exchanged Product to ship the defective Product back to Canon USA. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY OTHER ITEMS OR ACCESSORIES WITH THE YOUR PRODUCT IN THE RETURN SHIPPING CARTON. If you fail to return the original Product within 15 days of shipment of the replacement Product, you will be charged the "List Price" of the Product which is set forth in the "END USER ACTIVATION FORM".
6. Replacement Products are to be retained by you and will be covered for the balance of the period remaining on the Limited Warranty for your original Product. CANON USA WILL RETAIN THE PRODUCT THAT YOU ORIGINALLY PURCHASED, WHICH WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF CANON USA.
7. The Advanced Warranty Exchange Service is subject to availability of replacement units. If a suitable replacement unit is not available at the time of your request, and your Product is otherwise eligible for coverage under the Limited Warranty, you may choose Canon's "mail-in" repair service as described in the Limited Warranty. Please call Canon's Contact Center at 1-800-OK-CANON for further details.
8. Products which are not eligible for coverage under the Limited Warranty can be sent to Canon USA for repair in accordance with, and subject to, CUSA's then-current repair process, guidelines and any applicable fees.
9. Canon USA, Inc. Advanced Warranty Exchange Program is subject to change without notice.