CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i II
Canon Store: $
- 10.1" intuitive touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized experience tailored to individual preferences using My ADVANCE.
- Supports mobile solutions and integration with many popular cloud services like Google Drive and Box.1
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files in a variety of file formats.
- Integration with Canon and various third-party software with embedded application platform.
- Advanced standard security feature set to help safeguard sensitive information and assist in regulatory compliance.
- Security policy settings can be controlled with a dedicated password, configured from a central location, and exported to other supported devices.
- Control who has access to the device, and to which features, using a host of flexible authentication methods — picture login, PIN code, user name/password, or card access.2
Note: Canon products offer certain security features, yet many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that use of its features will prevent security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal or regulatory advice concerning applicable laws; customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Track and assess print, copy, scan, and fax usage and allocate costs to departments or projects.
- Apply print policies and restrict usage by user to help reduce unnecessary printing and contribute to cost efficiency.
- Standard cloud-based solution provides a centralized dashboard with up-to-the-minute insights into printer activity.3
- Upgrade to uniFLOW server or cloud-based solutions for full accounting and reporting for compatible Canon and third party devices, job routing and powerful scan workflows.
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics and parts life management for proactive maintenance and rapid fixes.
- Easy and intuitive to monitor device status and consumable levels, turn off devices remotely, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security policies.
- Common firmware and regular updates with Unified Firmware Platform (UFP) for continuous improvements and consistency across a fleet.
- Canon's signature reliability and engine technologies help keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Outstanding imaging technologies and toner allow for crisp text and consistent images in rich black-and-white tones.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications that help keep supplies replenished and intuitive maintenance videos for consumables replacement.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by enabling multiple settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and rated EPEAT® Gold.4
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i II
|TYPE||Monochrome Laser Multifunctional|
|CORE FUNCTIONS||Standard: Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Store Optional: Fax|
|PROCESSOR||Canon Dual Custom Processor (Shared)|
|CONTROL PANEL||Standard: 10.4" TFT LCD SVGA Color Upright-panel|
|MEMORY||3.0 GB RAM|
|HARD DISK DRIVE||Standard:
Maximum: 1 TB
|MIRRORING HARD DISK DRIVE||Optional (250 GB, 1 TB), Method: Raid1|
1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
Others Standard: USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 3.0 x1 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device)
Optional: Serial Interface, Copy Control Interface
|PAPER CAPACITY (LTR, 20LB BOND)||Standard:
Maximum: 7,700 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LTR, 20LB BOND)||Standard:
Standard: Dual 1,500-sheet Paper Drawers,
Dual 550-sheet Paper Cassettes, 100-sheet
Optional: 3,500-sheet Paper Deck (POD DECK LITE-C1 or PAPER DECK UNIT-E1)
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LTR, 20LB BOND)||With External Finishers (-V1):
With External Finishers (-X1): 4,250 Sheets
With External Finishers (-W1 PRO): 5,000 Sheets
|FINISHING CAPABILITIES||With External Finishers: Collate, Group, Offset, Staple, Staple On Demand, Staple-free Staple, Booklet, Booklet Trimming, Hole Punch, Professional Hole Punch, Document Insertion, Folding (C, Z, Half, Accordion Z, Double-parallel)|
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||
Paper Drawers (1/2):
Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy,
Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond
Cassettes (3/4): Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond, Tab
Stack Bypass: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Bond, Transparency, Labels, Letterhead, Tab, Tracing1
POD DECK LITE-C1: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond, Transparency, Labels, Tab
PAPER DECK UNIT-E1: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond
|SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||
Paper Drawers (1/2): Letter
Paper Cassettes (3/4):
13" x 19", 12-5/8" x 17-11/16", 12" x 18",
11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R,
Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size
(5-1/2" x 7-1/8" to 13" x 19-1/4")
Stack Bypass: 13" x 19", 12-5/8" x 17-11/16", 12" x 18", 11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (4 x 5-7/8" to 13" x 19-1/4"), Free Size (4" x 7-1/4" to 13" x 19-1/4")
POD DECK LITE-C1: 13" x 19", 12-5/8" x 17-11/16", 12" x 18", 11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (5-1/2" x 7-1/8" to 13" x 19-1/4"
PAPER DECK UNIT-E1: Letter
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Paper Decks/Cassettes:
14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2)
Stack Bypass: 14 lb. Bond to 140 lb. Index (52 to 256 g/m2)
Duplexing: 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2)
|WARM-UP TIME2||From Power On: 60 Seconds or Less
From Sleep Mode: 60 Seconds or Less
|DIMENSIONS (W X D X H)||26-3/8" x 30-5/8" x 48" (670 mm x 779 mm x 1220 mm)|
|INSTALLATION SPACE (WXD)||Fully Configured: 161-3/8" x 63-5/8" (4098 mm x 1617 mm) (POD DECK LITE-C1 + BOOKLET FINISHER-W1 PRO + DOCUMENT INSERTION UNIT-N1 + PAPER FOLDING UNIT-J1 + BOOKLET TRIMMER-D1)|
|WEIGHT||Approx. 520.3 lb. (236 kg)3|
|PRINT SPEED||Up to 85 ppm (Letter)
Up to 67 ppm (Letter-R)
Up to 57 ppm (Legal)
Up to 43 ppm (11" x 17")
|PRINT RESOLUTION||1200 dpi x 1200 dpi, 600 dpi x 600 dpi|
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||UFR II, PCL®6, Adobe® PS® 3|
|DIRECT PRINT||Available from USB, Advanced Box, Remote UI, and Web Access4|
|SUPPORTED FILE TYPES||PDF, TIFF, JPEG, EPS,5 XPS|
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||A range of software and MEAP-based solutions are available to provide printing from mobile devices or Internet-connected devices and cloud-based services depending on your requirements.|
93 Roman, 10 Bitmap fonts, 2 OCR fonts, Andalé Mono WT J/K/S/T (Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese)6
PS fonts: 136 Roman
Server 2008/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2/Windows 10/Server 2016, MAC OS X (10.7 or later)
PCL: Server 2008/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2/Windows 10/Server 2016
PS: Server 2008/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2/Windows 10/Server 2016, MAC OS X (10.7 or later)
|PRINT FEATURES||Suspend Job Timeout, Subset Finishing (PS only), Profile Settings, Secured Print, Watermark, Page Border, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/Orientations, Offsetting, Printing on Transparencies, Front/Back Covers, Toner Reduction, Poster Printing|
|COPY SPEED||Up to 85 ppm (Letter)
Up to 67 ppm (Letter-R)
Up to 57 ppm (Legal)
Up to 43 ppm (11" x 17")
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME||As Fast as 2.7 Seconds|
600 dpi x 600 dpi
Printing: 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi
|MULTIPLE COPIES||Up to 9,999 copies|
|COPY EXPOSURE||Automatic or Manual (9 Levels)|
|MAGNIFICATION||25%-400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTIONS||25%, 50%, 64%, 73%, 78%|
|PRESET ENLARGEMENTS||121%, 129%, 200%, 400%|
|BASIC COPY FEATURES||Preset Reduction/Enlargement Ratios by Area, Paper Setting, Previous Settings, Favorite Settings, Finishing, Two-Sided, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Interrupt Mode, Setting Confirmation/Cancel|
|SPECIAL COPY FEATURES||Book to Two Pages, Two-sided Original, Finishing, Booklet, Job Build, N on 1, Add Cover, Insert Sheets, Different Size Originals, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Transparency Cover Sheets, Page Numbering, Copy Set Numbering, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Secure Watermark, Print Date, Shift, Gutter, Print & Check, Negative/Positive, Repeat Images, Merge Job Blocks, Job Done Notice, Mirror Image, Print on Tab, Store in Mail Box, Superimpose Image, Cascade Copy, Copy ID Card, Multi Sheet Feed Detection|
|TYPE||Color Platen and Single-pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||300 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Statement, Statement-R|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||BW Original:
13 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover
(50 to 220 g/m2)
CL Original: 17 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (64 to 220 g/m2)
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects [Up to 4.4 lb. (2 kg)]|
|PULL SCAN||Color Network ScanGear2 for both Twain and WIA
Supported OS: Windows Vista/7/8.1/10/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016
|SCAN RESOLUTION||600 x 600 dpi, 400 x 400 dpi, 300 x 300 dpi, 200 x 400 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi, 200 x 100 dpi, 150 x 150 dpi, 100 x 100dpi|
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||A range of solutions is available to provide scanning to mobile devices or and cloud-based services depending on your requirements.|
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)||Single-sided Scanning (BW):
120 ipm (300 dpi)/120 ipm (600 dpi)
Single-sided Scanning (Color): 120 ipm (300 dpi)/60 ipm (600 dpi)
Double-sided Scanning (BW): 240 ipm (300 dpi)/150 ipm (600 dpi)
Double-sided Scanning (Color): 220 ipm (300 dpi)/60 ipm (600 dpi)
|DESTINATION||E-mail/Internet Fax (SMTP), SMB, FTP, WebDAV, Mail Box, Super G3 Fax (Optional), IP Fax (Optional)|
|COLOR MODE||Automatic-Color Select (Full Color/Grayscale), Automatic-Color Select(Full Color/Black-and-White), Full color, Grayscale, and Black-and-White|
|ADDRESS BOOK||LDAP (2,000)/Local (1,600)/Speed dial (200)|
|SEND RESOLUTION||600 x 600 dpi, 400 x 400 dpi, 300 x 300 dpi, 200 x 400 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi,200 x 100 dpi, 150 x 150 dpi, 100 x 100dpi|
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP, SMB v3.0, WebDAV E-mail/I-Fax: SMTP, POP3, I-Fax (Simple, Full)|
TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Encrypted, Compact, Searchable, Apply Policy, Optimize for Web, PDF A/1-b), Encrypted XPS (Compact, Searchable), Office Open XML (PowerPoint, Word), Digital Signature (PDF/XPS)
Optional: PDF (Trace & Smooth)
|UNIVERSAL SEND FEATURES||Original Type Selection,Two-sided Original, Book to Two Pages, Different-size Originals, Density Adjustment, Sharpness, Copy Ratio, Erase Frame, Job Build, Sender's Name (TTI), Select Line, Direct Send, Delayed Send, Preview, Finished Stamp, Job Done Notice, File Name, Subject/Message, Reply-to, E-mail Priority, TX Report, Original Content Orientation, Skip Blank Originals, Multi Sheet Feed Detection.|
|MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LINES||4|
|MODEM SPEED||Super G3:
G3: 14.4 kbps
|COMPRESSION METHOD||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|RESOLUTION||400 x 400 dpi, 200 x 400 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi, 200 x 100 dpi|
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE||Statement-R to 11" x 17|
|FAX MEMORY||Up to 30,000 pages|
|SPEED DIALS||Max. 200|
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS||Max. 199 dials|
|SEQUENTIAL BROADCAST||Max. 256 addresses|
|FAX FEATURES||Original Type Selection, Two-sided Original, Book to Two Pages, Different-size Originals, Density for Scanning, Sharpness, Copy Ratio, Erase Frame, Job Build, Specifying the Sender's Name (when sending fax), Sender's Name (TTI), Selecting the Telephone Line (when sending fax), Direct Send, Delayed Send, Preview, Finished Stamp, Job Done Notice, TX Report, Multi Sheet Feed Detection|
|MAIL BOX SIMPLE(NUMBER SUPPORTED)||100 User In-boxes, 1 Memory RX In-box, 50 Confidential Fax In-boxes, 30,000 Maximum Pages Stored|
SMB or WebDAV
Supported Client PC: Windows (Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10)
Concurrent Connections (Max.):
WebDAV: 3 (Active Sessions)
|ADVANCED BOX AVAILABLE DISC SPACE||Approx. 16GB (Standard HDD)
Approx. 480GB (Optional 1TB HDD)
|ADVANCED BOX FEATURES||Disabling Advanced Box, Storage Filtering, Authentication for Advanced Box Log-in, Search Function, Sort Function, Printing a PDF File with a Password, imageWARE Secure Audit Manager Support|
|MEMORY MEDIA||Standard: USB|
Universal Login Manager, uniFLOW
Online Express,8,9 User Authentication, Department ID Authentication,
(Device and Function Level Log-in),
Access Management System
Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Hard Disk Password Lock, Hard Disk Drive Erase, Mail Box Password Protection, Hard Disk Drive Encryption (FIPS140-2 Validated)
Optional: Hard Disk Drive Mirroring, Hard Disk Drive removal, IEEE 2600.2 Common Criteria Certification, Data Loss Prevention (Requires uniFLOW)
|NETWORK||Standard: Encrypted Secure Print, IP/Mac Address Filtering, IPsec, TLS Encrypted Communication, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X, IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP|
Secure Watermark, Secure Print, Adobe LiveCycle® Rights Management ES2.5 Integration, Encrypted PDF, Encrypted Secure Print, Device Signature
Optional: User Signatures, Document Scan Locking
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Temperature: 50 to 86 ºF
Humidity: 20 to 80 % RH (no condensation)
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||120-127 V AC, 60 Hz, 16 A|
|PLUG (MAIN UNIT)||NEMA 5-20P|
Approx. 2.1 KW
Standby: Approx. 239 Wh
Energy Saver Mode: Approx. 202 Wh
Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.9 W or less10
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 9.0 kWh
|STANDARDS||ENERGY STAR® Certified
Rated EPEAT® Gold11
EU RoHS Compliant
|TONER||GPR-37 Black Toner|
|TONER YIELD (ESTIMATED @ 6% COVERAGE)||70,000 pages|
1 Some types of tracing paper cannot be used.
2 Warm-up time shown for when "Quick Startup Settings for Main Power" is set to "OFF". For significantly faster warm-up set "Quick Startup Settings for Main Power" to "ON".
3 Including the toner bottle.
4 PDF print from Websites is supported.
5 EPS can be printed directly only from the Remote User Interface.
6 Requires the optional PCL International Font Set-A1.
7 Other operating systems and environments including AS/400, UNIX, Linux and Citrix may be supported. Some of these solutions are chargeable. SAP Device Types are available via the SAP Market Place. For more information, contact your sales representative.
8 No charge for this solution; however activation is required.
9 Check for availability.
10 0.9 W sleep mode not available in all circumstances due to certain settings.
11 For current EPEAT rating (Gold/Silver/Bronze), please visit www.epeat.net.
Item Code: 3764B003AA
Estimated Toner Yield: 70,000 Copies/Bottle (Estimated @ 6% Coverage)
- Staple Finisher-X1
- Booklet Finisher - X1
- Staple Finisher-W1 PRO
- Booklet Finisher-W1 PRO
- Inner Booklet Trimmer - A1
- Booklet Trimmer - D1
- Inserter Option Controller Kit - A1
- Paper Folding Unit - J1
- Puncher Unit-BF1
- Puncher Unit-BS1
- Document Insertion Unit-N1
- Staple Cartridge-X1
- Staple Cartridge-Y1
- Multi Function Professional Puncher - A1
- Multi Function Professional Puncher Attachment Kit - A1
- High Durability Loose Leaf 3-Hole Punch A4/LTR-B1
- Loose Leaf 5-Hole Punch LTR-B1
- Velo Bind 11-Hole Punch LTR - B1
- Plastic Comb 19-Hole Punch LTR-B1
- Twin Loop 21-Hole Punch LTR-B1
- Twin Loop 32-Hole Punch LTR-B1
- High Durability Color Coil 44-Hole Punch LTR-B1
- High Durability Plastic Comb 19-Hole Punch LTR-B1
- Double Feeding Detection Kit - B1
- Paper Deck Unit - E1
- POD Deck Lite - C1
- Tab Feeding Attachment Kit - B1
- Utility Tray - B1
- Upright Control Panel - E1
- Printer Cover - H1
- USB Key Board (Cherry)
- Copy Card Reader Attachment - A3
- Copy Card Reader - F1
- Canon Card Set - A1
- Canon Card Set - A2
- Canon Card Set - A3
- Canon Card Set - A4
- Canon Card Set - A5
- Canon Card Set - A6
- Braille Label Kit - F1
- ADF Access Handle - A1
- Copy Control interface Kit - A1
- Convenience Stapler - A1
- Universal Keyboard Stand - A1
- Card Reader Assembly for Universal Keyboard Stand
- Stamp Ink CRG-C1
- Staple Finisher - V1
- Booklet Finisher - V1
- 2/3 Hole Puncher Unit - A1
- PCL International Font Set - A1
- Encrypted Secure Print Software - D1
- Barcode Printing Kit - D1
- Universal Send Trace & Smooth PDF Kit - A1
- Universal Send Digital User Signature Kit - C1
- Super G3 Fax Board - AS1
- Super G3 2nd Line Fax Board - AS1
- Super G3 3rd/4th Line Fax Board - AS1
- IP FAX Expansion Kit - B1
- Remote Fax Kit - A1
- Document Scan Lock Kit - B1
- HDD Mirroring Kit - J1
- Removable HDD Kit - AL1
- HDD Data Erase Scheduler V3.0
- 2.5 Inch/250GC HDD-N1
- 2.5 Inch/1TB HDD-P1
- Voice Guidance Kit - G1
- Voice Guidance Kit - D1
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Security Kit – M1 for IEEE 2600 Common Criteria Certification
- Fiery Compose
- Fiery Impose
- Fiery Impose and Compose
- Fiery imageViewer
- Removable Hard Disk Drive Kit - B4
- Integrated Interface & Stand - B1
Click here to learn about Software Solutions for imageRUNNER ADVANCE
Note: For additional details and descriptions for each accessory, please access the product configurator.
Third Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE 2nd Edition Models
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series
Third Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE
Third Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE and the Canon PRINT Business app
Third Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE
Canon Wins for Two Years in a Row
II indicates that this model has been upgraded to new system software and includes additional security features as standard.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.