CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Print at speeds of up to 35 pages per minute1, with your first print in your hands in 6.3 seconds2 or less.
Print on-the-go with Canon PRINT Business5, Apple® AirPrint®6, Mopria™ Print Service7 and Google Cloud Print™8.
Seamlessly navigate through all the features with the user-friendly 3.5 inch, Color Touch LCD Panel.
Legal-sized platen glass accommodates your diverse scanning and copying needs.
Secure Print helps protect the privacy of your printed documents.
Password protected Department ID Management monitors and controls device usage for up to 300 IDs.
Easily print from, and scan to your USB flash drive in JPEG, TIFF and PDF formats.
Eco-friendly, all mode, two-sided printing out of the box saves paper and related cost.
Generous, expandable paper capacity allows for up to 1,050 sheets4.
Low energy consumption; uses less than 2 watts of energy in Energy Saver Mode.
First Print Time
1200 x 1200 dpi equivalent
Maximum Print Size
Direct Print from USB
Duplex Copy Speed
First Copy Time
Maximum Number of Copies
ADF: 5.1 x 5.5 to Legal
9600 x 9600 dpi (software interpolated resolution)
ADF: 5.1 x 5.5 to Legal
Output File Formats
Push Scan (Scan to pC)
Paper Handling Specifications
Standard Paper Source(s)
Optional Paper Source(s)
16-43 lb. bond (multipurpose tray)
Connectivity and Software Specifications
WPS Easy Setup Support Methods
Embedded Web Server (Remote UI)
TCP/IP Set of Application Services
Network Management Protocols
Typical Energy Consumption
Unit Weight (without/with cartridge)
Single Cartridge System
*Yields based on ISO/IEC Standard
Department ID Management
Sending Method: SMB, E-mail, FTP, iFAX Simple
Color Mode: Full Color, Grayscale, Monochrome
Scan Resolution: 300 x 300 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi
Operating Temperature: 50-86°F
Operating Humidity: 20-80% RH (no condensation)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you imageCLASS D1520 that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
Cartridge 120 Black
Yields approx. 5,000 pages based on ISO/IEC Standard
Cassette Feeding Unit-U1
Expand your paper supply with an extra 500 sheet cassette, allowing for the ability to fit up to 1,050 sheets of paper in a variety of sizes and types.
Tier 3E 2-Year eCarePAK
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to three full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical s
Tier 3E 3-Year eCarePAK
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to four full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical su
Tier 3E 4-Year eCarePAK
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to five full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical su
1. Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
2. May vary depending on the output environment.
3. Letter size, after being restored from energy saver mode.
4. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
5. Canon PRINT Business is a free app available on the App Store® and Google Play™ Store. For more information, including compatibility, please visit https://www.usa.canon.com/mobile-app. Users of Canon Mobile Printing can simply update the app to use Canon PRINT Business. Users who have installed Canon Mobile Scanning for Business should install Canon PRINT Business on their compatible device. After Canon PRINT Business is installed, users can re-register their Canon Mobile Scanning for Business device list and local documents. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. iPhone, iPad Air, iPad, iPad mini, are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the United States and other countries and is used under license.
6. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
7. Mopria Print Service, available for free at the Google Play Store, requires a compatible Android KitKat 4.4 smartphone or tablet. The printer must be either wirelessly connected to the network router or with an Ethernet cable. The mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network.
8. Google Cloud Print requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print™ function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable are required to perform firmware update.
9. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.