CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
- 5" intuitive color touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized device experience with Application Library.
- Create Wi-Fi® Direct hotspot from the printer to establish direct connection to compatible mobile device(s) without the need for an external router.
- Canon's signature reliability and engine technologies help keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Intuitive maintenance videos for common tasks like consumables replacement.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications to help keep supplies replenished.
- Supports mobile solutions for printing and scanning4.
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files through a single-pass duplex document feeder.
- Designed for small print jobs with first-print time as fast as 5.3 seconds.
- High-capacity, all-in-one cartridge helps reduce overall supply costs.
- Out-of-the-box, standard two-sided printing plus the ability to print multiple pages onto one page helps to reduce paper consumption.
- Low risk of confidential information loss as documents are only stored in short-term memory.
- Security settings can be set behind an administrator log-in.
- Verify System at Startup is a process to help verify the validity of the device firmware, and Application Library from unauthorized modifications.
- Keep documents secure with optional security features.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and therefore uses less energy.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by providing multiple settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and currently rated EPEAT® Silver.1
|CORE FUNCTIONS||Standard: Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Fax|
|PROCESSOR||Canon Custom Processor|
|CONTROL PANEL||5" Color Touch Panel|
|STANDARD INTERFACE CONNECTION||USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device) High-Speed, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (Network), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi® Direct Connection|
PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)
|Standard: 350 Sheets
Maximum: 900 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 250-sheet Paper Cassette, 100-sheet Multipurpose Tray
Optional: 550-sheet Paper Cassette (Cassette Unit-AH1)
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 65 Sheets|
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||Cassettes: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Thick, Bond
Multipurpose Tray: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Thick, Bond, Label, Envelope (10 Envelopes)
SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES
|Cassettes: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive Custom (Min. 4.1" x 5.8" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
Multipurpose Tray: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive
Envelope: COM10, Monarch, C5, DL Custom (Min. 3" x 5" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Cassettes: 16 lb. Bond to 32 lb. Bond (60 to 120 g/m2)
Multipurpose Tray: 16 lb. Bond to 43 lb. Bond (60 to 163 g/m2)
|WARM-UP TIME||From Power On: 14 Seconds or Less
From Sleep Mode: 4 Seconds or Less
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)||Standard (Desktop):
17.9" x 18.3" x 15.5" (453 mm x 464 mm x 392 mm)
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)||Standard (Desktop): 17.9" x 34.8" x 26.2" (453 mm x 883 mm x 664 mm)
Fully Configured: 17.9" x 34.8" x 31.3" (453 mm x 883 mm x 795 mm)
|WEIGHT2||Unit: Approx. 35.8 lb. (16.2 kg)
Boxed Weight: Approx. 45.9 lb. (20.8 kg)
|OPERATING SYSTEMS||UFR II/PCL: Windows® 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/ Windows Server 2008/Windows Server 2008 R2/Windows Server 2012/Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016/Mac OS X v10.9.5 (or later)|
|PRINTING METHOD||Laser Beam Printing|
|PRINT SPEED3||Up to 40 ppm (Letter); Up to 32 ppm (Legal)|
|FIRST PRINT OUT TIME||Approx. 5.3 Seconds|
|RECOMMENDED MONTHLY PAGE VOLUME||750 - 4,000 Pages|
|PRINT RESOLUTION (dpi)||600 x 600|
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||UFR II, PCL®6, PCL®5|
|DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING||Automatic (Standard)|
|DIRECT PRINT||Available from USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)|
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES4||Apple® AirPrint,® Canon PRINT Business, Mopria™ Print Service, Google Cloud Print™5|
|FONTS||PCL: 93 Fonts|
|PRINT FEATURES||Secure Print, Page Border, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/Orientations|
|COPY SPEED||Up to 40 ppm (Letter); Up to 32 ppm (Legal)|
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME (LETTER)||Approx. 6.2 seconds|
|COPY RESOLUTION||600 x 600|
|COPY SIZE||Platen: Up to Letter
ADF: Up to Legal
|MULTIPLE COPIES||Up to 999 Copies|
|MAGNIFICATION||25% - 400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTIONS||25%, 50%, 64%, 78%|
|PRESET ENLARGEMENTS||129%, 200%, 400%|
|COPY FEATURES||Paper Setting, Favorite Settings, Two-sided, Original Type Selection, Cancel, N-on-1, Density Adjustment, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Collate, Copy ID Card
|TYPE||Single-Pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||50 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||Legal, Letter, Statement|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Single and Double-sided scanning: 13-28 lb. Bond (50-105 g/m2)|
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Sheet, Book|
|PULL SCAN||ScanGear MF for TWAIN, WIA, and ICA|
|SCAN RESOLUTION||300 x 600, 600 x 600|
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES||Canon PRINT Business|
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)||Single-sided: 13/38 ipm (300 x 300 dpi) (Color/BW)
Double-sided: 26/70 ipm (300 x 300 dpi) (Color/BW)
|MEMORY MEDIA||Standard USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)|
|DESTINATION||Email/Internet FAX (SMTP), SMB, FTP, Super G3 FAX|
|ADDRESS BOOK||LDAP (50)/Local (300)/Speed Dial (281)|
|SEND RESOLUTION||600 x 600 (Pull Scan), 196 x 204 (iFax), 300 x 300 (Other)|
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP, SMB Email/iFax: SMTP, POP3, iFax (Simple)|
|FILE FORMAT||Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Compact, Searchable)
Optional: PDF (Encrypted, Digital Signature)
|MODEM SPEED||Super G3: 33.6 kbps
G3: 14.4 kbps
|COMPRESSION METHOD||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|RESOLUTION||400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100|
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE||Statement to Legal|
|FAX MEMORY||Up to 512 Pages|
|SPEED DIALS||Max. 281|
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS||Max. 299 Dials|
|SEQUENTIAL BROADCAST||Max. 310 Addresses|
|FAX FEATURES||RX Mode, Resolution, Two-sided Original, Density, Sharpness, Favorite Settings, Duplex Fax|
|AUTHENTICATION||Standard: Department ID Authentication|
|DATA||Standard: Verify System at Startup|
|NETWORK||Standard: IP/MAC Address Filtering, IPSEC, TLS Encrypted Communication, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X, IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP|
|DOCUMENT||Standard: Secure Print, High Compression PDF, Searchable PDF
Optional: Encrypted PDF, User and Device Signatures
|WI-FI AUTHENTICATION METHODS||Wi-Fi Infrastructure Mode:
WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
Wi-Fi Access Point: WPA2-PSK (AES)
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Temperature: 50 to 86º F
Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||AC 120-127 V:6.5 A, 60 Hz|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Maximum: Approx. 1330 W
Standby: Approx. 10 W
Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.9 W
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 1.1 kWh
|STANDARDS||ENERGY STAR® Qualified, Currently Rated EPEAT Silver1|
|TONER||Cartridge 057 Black, Standard ‐ Yields up to 3,100 Pages
Cartridge 057 Black, High Capacity ‐ Yields up to 10,000 Pages
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you imageCLASS MF448dw that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
Cartridge 057 Black, Standard
Cartridge 057 Black, Standard ‐ Yields up to 3,100 Pages
Cartridge 057 Black, Standard ‐ Yields up to 3,100 Pages
Cassette Feeding Module-AH1
Up to 550 Pages
Tier 2E 1-Year eCarePAK - Carry-In/Exchange
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to two full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canon's superb exchange replacement or carry-in repair program. Protect against unforeseen repair costs, excessive downtime, and enjoy peace of mind for years to come knowing your new equipment is fully covered.
Tier 2E 2-Year eCarePAK
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to three full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canon's superb exchange replacement or carry-in repair program. Protect against unforeseen repair costs, excessive downtime, and enjoy peace of mind for years to come knowing your new equipment is fully covered.
- For current EPEAT rating (Gold/Silver/Bronze), please visit epeat.net.
- Includes consumables.
- Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary, depending on the number of copies selected as well as the settings for size, type, and orientation of paper.
- Canon PRINT Business is a free app available on the App Store® and Google Play™ Store. For more information, including compatibility, please visit usa.canon.com/mobile-app. Please see the respective websites for Apple AirPrint and Mopria Print Service for compatibility and additional information.
- Subscription to a third-party cloud service required. Subject to third-party cloud service providers terms and conditions.
- Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See warranty card for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.