Firmware Notice: VIXIA HFR30/R32: Firmware Update Version 220.127.116.11
Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for the VIXIA HF R30/R32.
VIXIA HF R30/R32
This firmware update (Version 18.104.22.168) incorporates the following changes.
- Still images and movies in the MP4 format captured by the camcorder can be uploaded to an online album on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY using the Wi-Fi function.
- Still images and movies in the MP4 format captured by the camcorder can be uploaded to Facebook or Twitter by operating the camcorder. (Images are first saved to an online album on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, and then a link (URL) to the album will be posted on Facebook or Twitter.)
- Movies captured by the camcorder can be uploaded to YouTube using the Wi-Fi function.
- Still images and movies in the MP4 format can be uploaded to an online album on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY by operating the camcorder, and the user can share the link (URL) of the saved album with friends and/or families through an e-mail notification to the e-mail addresses that have been previously registered.
Accompanying the changes in the firmware, Canon’s CameraWindow software needs to be updated. Please follow the instructions below to update your computer to CameraWindow 8.8.
To update the computer to CameraWindow 8.8, a computer installed with ImageBrowser EX and a previous version of CameraWindow are required to be installed on the computer.
If these applications are not installed on your computer, please make sure to install ImageBrowser EX, which is included on the bundled Disc.
• Once the camcorder is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
• By using the Wi-Fi function of the camcorder together with CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, the user can have access to various services on the Web. *To use the services provided by CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, a free membership registration is required.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region. Please register your VIXIA HF R30 or VIXIA HF R32. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when future firmware updates become available for download. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support