Hero Carousel content.
Last updated: January 1, 2023
If you are a California or Virginia resident, you have certain rights under the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), as the case may be. To find the Notice at Collection, and to learn more about your rights, see the California and Virginia Privacy Rights section of this Privacy Statement.
As a member of the Canon family of companies, Canon U.S.A., Inc. ("Canon U.S.A.," “we,” “our” or “us”) respects your concerns about privacy and values its relationship with you. This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) is intended to inform you of the types of information we collect from you, either online through this website, mobile applications, or any of the products, services, solutions (including cloud services and solutions), software, websites, subsites, interactive features, forms, mobile and social media pages offered, owned, or operated by Canon U.S.A., or its affiliates, or your interaction with Canon U.S.A.’s agents, contractors or employees or subsites (collectively “Services”), whether accessed online via computer, tablet, mobile device or any other technology or device now known or hereafter developed, or offline, and how that information will be used. The Services are intended for use by individuals residing and located in the United States. This Privacy Statement applies to Canon U.S.A. and any Services that link to this Privacy Statement.
We and our service providers may collect information when you provide information to us and when information is collected automatically from your interaction with the Services.
You may choose to give us personal information to allow us to communicate with you, process your orders, or provide you with Services. Our online forms ask for a small amount of relevant information necessary to communicate with you, process your orders, or provide you with Services.
The types of personal information Canon U.S.A. may collect from you may include:
- Personal and business contact information, such as name, company name, postal address, phone number, and email address, as well as your emergency contact information;
- Information you provide in regards to contests, sweepstakes, or other inquires you submit to Canon U.S.A.;
- In connection with Canon U.S.A.’s Image Connect Services, if you are a photographer registered on the Image Connect Services, your proposed rates and any information related to your photo shoot, such as the date, location, content requirements (including content delivery method), deliverables (including delivery status and acceptance status), fees (including invoicing and payment status), and customer service inquiries;
- Your friends’ contact information, including email or shipping address, which you may provide to us when you email a link to a product description or your wish list, or when you share our newsletter or deliver our products to a friend;
- Financial information, such as your credit/debit card number, other billing and payment information, bank account details and tax status information;
- Other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, product functionality, product and service preferences, and contact preferences;
- Geolocation data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, physical location (with your express consent), and other similar location information collected when you interact with the Services or request location-based services;
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have inquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your inquiries, including product serial number;
- In connection with Canon U.S.A.’s Image Connect Services, images uploaded to the Image Connect Services, as well as EXIF (Exchange Image File Format) data associated with any image you upload, such as date, time, geolocation, camera model and name of device owner;
- Technical information related to your device (including model number, serial number, unique device identifier, diagnostic information, usage data, system logs, application configurations, consumables status, etc.);
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or applications or indirectly through use of our websites, applications or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise;
- Information you provide to us through our service center, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time;
- Professional or employment-related information that you provide through the application and recruitment process, or collected from employment agencies, screening services, background-check providers, former employers, credit references or other sources that supply employment verification services, such as work history, prior employer, education information, information relating to references, employment eligibility information, details of qualifications, skills, and experience, professional memberships and licenses, job interest data, human resources data and data necessary for benefits and related administration services;
- Email communications, and personal information collected in the course of your job-related activities, such as your computer, application, system or network access and usage, and your use of phones and other devices;
- Health information, such as biological testing/screening for controlled substances, if applicable, medical information or disability status required in order to provide accommodations;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information such as, photographs of you for identification and security verification, video recordings of you on security cameras, monitoring of phone calls when accessing Canon U.S.A. resources such as IT services, monitoring of Canon U.S.A. computers, networks, systems and applications for security, safety and integrity of Canon U.S.A. assets;
- Demographic information, such as nationality, citizenship, visa status, gender/sex, disability status, veteran’s status, and marital status; and
- Sensitive Personal Information, including social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, ethnicity, race, biometric information such as fingerprint scan, hand scan, and facial scan for security purposes and geolocation information if you are using a company issued mobile device, computer or vehicle as part of your employment duties.
In addition to the information you may voluntarily provide, Canon U.S.A. may collect information automatically when you access or use the Services or a website “powered by” another company on behalf of Canon U.S.A. through our use of data collection technologies, including web beacons, Cookies (as defined in the following paragraph), and embedded web links. These technologies collect certain traffic information that your browser sends to a website, such as your operating system, browser type and language, browser history, access times, time spent on the Services, your use of Services features, and the address of the website from which you arrived. They may also collect information about your IP address, unique device identifier, geolocation information, clickstream behavior (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with Canon U.S.A. websites or “powered by” websites) and product information. Canon U.S.A. may also use some of these technologies in connection with emails and communications sent from Canon U.S.A. and therefore may collect information using these tools when you open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
If you would prefer not to accept Cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a Cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing Cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject any Cookies.
To manage your Cookie preferences, please go to the Cookie Settings link in the footer of our website or click here.
Please be aware that if you disable or reject Cookies, some features and services offered or present on the Services may be slower or may not work or display properly.
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Services. We also may include web beacons in email messages, newsletters and advertisements to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the Services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer through the Services.
Analytics Services. We use web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to assist us in understanding how people use the Services and related marketing and promotions. Google Analytics is not used for interest-based marketing. To manage your preferences with respect to Google Analytics click here. You can opt out of data collection or use by Google Analytics by clicking the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on).
Collection by Other Companies. We may allow other companies, including our authorized service providers (such as TikTok), advertising agencies and marketing partners to use tracking technologies, such as Cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visits to this and other websites on the Services. This information generally enables them to track and gauge the effectiveness of our Services and of various marketing campaigns and to serve ads about events, goods and services that may be of interest to you when you visit this or other websites across the Internet.
Use of Public Information. Canon U.S.A. also collects information from publicly or commercially available sources that it deems credible. Such information may include your name, address, email address, preferences, company name, title, specific devices that are financed or leased (Uniform Commercial Code), interests, and firmographic or demographic/profile data. The information Canon U.S.A. collects from its public or commercial sources may be used along with the information Canon U.S.A. collects when you access or use the Services. For example, Canon U.S.A. may compare the geographic information acquired from publicly available sources with the IP address collected by the technologies discussed above to derive your general geographic area.
Personal Information. We may store, analyze, combine, and otherwise use the information we collect, either directly or indirectly, to:
- Provide the Services;
- Improve the Services and the way we do business with our current and potential employees, customers, dealers, distributors, partners, and resellers;
- Verify your identity;
- Respond to your questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about your transactions on the Services, and about Canon U.S.A. products, solutions, and services;
- Deliver the products and Services you have requested, such as remote diagnostics, analytics, and software update services, the uploading, storing and downloading of backup information from a device, and the installation of a device;
- Manage your MyCanon Account and provide you with customer support;
- Provide you with information about Canon U.S.A., its parent, successors, subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (collectively, “Canon” or “Canon Group”), Canon’s Services, products and promotions, jobs, or any other offers that may be of interest to you, unless you opt out or request not to receive this information;
- Perform research and analysis about usage and potential interest in our products, services, or content;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Services;
- Help us improve the overall accuracy and completeness of the information;
- Allow us to deliver personalized and responsive Services, which can take actions based on the data you provide;
- Communicate with you about your application status and future opportunities with Canon, if applicable;
- Make employment-related decisions, including decisions regarding your recruitment, eligibility for employment, employment, job performance, qualifications, job duties, salary and other compensation, promotion, retention and eligibility to receive accommodations;
- Ensure the security and operability of our networks, systems and applications;
- Prevent, detect or investigate a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud;
- Support the technical functionality of the Services, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Services, including your interaction with advertising, products and services that are made available, linked to or offered in the Services; and
- As otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement.
Financial Information. We may use financial information or payment method information to process payment for any purchases or sales made through the Services, to manage benefits and employment-related administration services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
We are part of the Canon Group and may disclose your information to our affiliates which may be located outside of the country you reside and are located in, including, but not limited to, our parent company Canon Inc., located in Japan. When you provide information via the Services, for example to apply for a job, we will also disclose your information to our affiliates to enable them to inform you of jobs, products, promotions, or other offers that may be of interest to you.
Canon U.S.A. retains service providers and suppliers to manage or support its business operations, provide professional services, deliver products, services and customer solutions and to assist with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers include, for example, hosting and IT service providers, website management and support service providers, email service providers, automated data processors, credit card processors, debt collectors, shipping agents, and providers of marketing, communications, order fulfillment, delivery, customer support, live-help, talent acquisition, employment management, payroll, health and welfare benefit, and security services. We may disclose your information to these companies to enable them to provide you with services on our behalf, and for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may disclose website usage and marketing information to our marketing partners.
In addition, if you inquire about products, services, software or other goods that Canon U.S.A. does not sell directly, we may forward your information to a Canon U.S.A. dealer, distributor, partner or other reseller, and they may reach out to you about your needs. In any event, we expect our service providers to use your information only to perform the service for which they are engaged, while also complying with all applicable laws, and pursuant to our instructions. You expressly consent to your information being used as set forth in this Section.
From time to time, Canon U.S.A. participates in initiatives, which include websites "powered by" another company on behalf of Canon U.S.A. As part of these initiatives, certain Canon U.S.A. services and communications may be delivered at the same time as those from other companies. Some of these services and communications offer you the option to share personal information with both Canon U.S.A. and the other companies participating in these initiatives. For example, you may receive communications from Canon U.S.A. and other companies or have the opportunity to register online for software products from multiple companies. You can always choose to opt out of receiving communications from those other companies. If you choose to provide personal information to the other companies with different privacy policies and practices, that personal information will be handled according to the respective privacy policies and practices of those companies, which may differ from Canon U.S.A.’s policies and practices.
Canon U.S.A. may disclose your personal information to government entities in order to comply with mandatory reporting.
Other Image Connect Users and the Public
Canon U.S.A.’s Image Connect Services are designed to help photographers and customers connect. Because Image Connect Services enable photographers and customers to identify one another for the purpose of potentially entering into agreements related to photo shoots, information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name, phone number, postal address, email address, and EXIF data, such as date, time, and geolocation, may be displayed on the Image Connect Services, including in photographers’ user profiles and on content uploaded to the Image Connect Services, to other Image Connect Services users or to the public.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; (In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.)
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Canon U.S.A. does not target its online services to children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child age 13-17 and you allow your child to register for any online services that Canon U.S.A. makes available to that age group, or register your child yourself, you agree that you have read, understand, and accept this Privacy Statement on your child’s behalf.
You have the right to request us to:
- Not send you marketing or promotional emails or other communications;
- Correct or update your personal information; and
- Not contact you in the future.
If you are a minor and have registered for an account on one of our websites, you have the right to request that we remove any content or information you posted on that website, so that it is no longer visible to the public.
If you no longer wish to receive communications, including marketing communications, from Canon U.S.A., or if you wish to make any of the above requests, please:
- Click unsubscribe in the email that you receive from us;
- Click here to submit your request, or
- Log into your Canon Account and change your preferences or update your information.
Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your communication information (including email address) to ensure we do not market to you in the future. We may also send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements and administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Additionally, if you are a business customer, the Business Information Communications Group of Canon U.S.A. may communicate with you from time to time about certain office solutions that may be of interest to you.
We are under no obligation to store your personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
Collection, Disclosure, and Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We collect, and in the last twelve (12) months, we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose and sold/shared the following categories of personal information:
|Category of Personal Information||Specific Personal Information Collected||Disclosed for Business Purpose||Entities that We Disclose Personal Information to for a Business Purpose||Sold or Shared||Entities to which we Sell or Share Personal Information|
|Personal Identifiers, such as name, email address, online identifiers and other information.||
|Professional or Employment Related Information, including Resume, References and/or Cover Letter.||
|Protected Classification Characteristics, such as age, ethnicity and gender.||
|Commercial Information, such as Shopping History and other information relating to your hobbies, interests and shopping behavior.||
|Internet/Network Information, such as IP address, Device Information, and Log and Analytics Data.||
|Geolocation Data, such as Location Information from your device or estimated based on your IP address.||
|Sensory Information, such as recordings of phone calls between you and us, where permitted by law.||
|Other Personal Information, such as information you post on our platform or on social media pages, and information you submit to us.||
|Inferences, such as predictions about your interests and preferences drawn to create a profile.||None||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Sensitive Personal Information, such as log-in information, biometric information, or precise geolocation||
Sensitive Personal Information
We collect social security number, driver’s license number passport number and biometric information which are considered types of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information outside of the permitted purposes for which it was shared with us. We do not use Sensitive Personal Information to generate inferences about you.
Personal Information of Children Under Age 16
We do not sell or share personal information of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age unless we receive affirmative authorization from the child who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a child less than 13 years of age. The parent or the child who has opted into personal information sales or sharing may opt out of future sales at any time. If a parent, guardian or child has provided affirmative authorization, they may opt out of future processing at any time by contacting us, by clicking here.
Retention of Your Personal Information
For each of these categories of personal information, we retain your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected, and in accordance with applicable retention policies. The criteria used to determine our retention policies include the length of our relationship with you, your requests, ongoing contract and service obligations, business need, and our legal obligations. Generally, we will retain your employment-related personal information until the end of your employment with us, plus a reasonable period of time after that where necessary to respond to any employment inquiries, deal with legal, tax, accounting or administrative matters, or to provide you with ongoing pensions or other benefits. We also retain information as otherwise required by applicable law.
Sources of Your Personal Information
As described above in the “The Information We Collect and How We Collect It” section, we collect information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically using Cookies and other tracking technologies, from the categories of third parties listed in that section, and from publicly or commercially available sources that we deem credible.
For further information, you can also see the “The Information We Collect and How We Collect It” section above.
Purposes for Your Personal Information
We collect or disclose personal information about you for the business purposes further described in the “How We Use the Information We Collect” section above.
Do Not Track
Some browsers offer you the ability to opt out of cookie-based and other online tracking, which may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information.
At this time, we only respond to browser-based opt-out signals sent through the Global Privacy Control: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/. When you opt-out of sale or share via the GPC, we will make reasonable efforts to respect your choices indicated by a GPC setting as required by applicable law.
The Canon U.S.A. website is not currently configured to recognize “do not track” or other browser-based signals. However, other settings within your browser may permit you to block Cookies or other technology that enable websites to collect information that can be used to tailor advertisements to your interest. Please check your browser’s settings or consult your browser’s help information for more details. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Your California or Virginia Privacy Rights
If you are a California or Virginia resident, you have the right, under the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), as the case may be, subject to certain exemptions, to:
- Access, request and receive a portable copy of the personal information that we have collected about you in the last 12 months, and specifically:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of the sources of the personal information;
- The purposes for which your personal information is collected and used;
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom that particular category of personal information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information that the business sold or shared, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom that particular category of personal information was sold or shared;
- Correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Limit the use of your sensitive personal information;
- Opt-out of or object to having your personal information sold to, or shared with, third parties; and
- Not be discriminated against by us for exercising any of these rights.
If you make a request to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information, note that if you would like to opt-out of cookie-based tracking for advertising purposes, you will also need to consult the user instructions for your internet browser relating to the management of Cookies. Choices you make regarding Cookies are website, device, and browser specific, and are deleted whenever you clear your browser’s cache.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have a right to request us to delete your personal information. Upon verifying the validity of a deletion request, we will honor your request, and, if applicable, instruct any service providers and/or third parties to which we have disclosed your personal information to delete your personal information; however, please be aware that we may need to retain some of your information in order to maintain our records, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data remaining because of backups and other reasons. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product or our Services) to protect us from a legal claim.
Exercising Your Rights
If you are a consumer, MyCanon Account holder, or job applicant, to submit your request, please:
- click here; or
- call 1-855-245-3277.
If you are a former employee, to submit your request, please:
- mail your inquiry to Canon U.S.A., Inc. – HR Privacy, One Canon Park, Melville, New York 11747; or
- call 1-855-245-3277.
If you are a B2B business user of a website that links to this Privacy Statement, to submit your request, please:
- click here; or
- call 1-855-245-3277.
When you submit a request to us, we will verify your identity before processing the request. In order to protect your personal information, you may be asked to provide two (2) or three (3) pieces of information to match our records so that we can reasonably verify your identity.
If you are a California resident and would like to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf, please send an email to the following email address: email@example.com. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
If you are an agent of a California resident and would like to submit a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. After you submit the request, and if the request is not subject to an exemption or exception, we will require additional information to verify the identity of the California resident, as well as your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising, Profiling, Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising, Profiling, Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. However, we may ask you to provide additional personal information (including your name, email address and mailing address) so that we can properly identify you in our dataset to facilitate the opt-out request. If you choose not to provide this information, we may only be able to process your request to the extent we are able to identify you in our data systems.
If you are a consumer, MyCanon Account holder, or job applicant, to exercise your right to opt-out of personal information sales or sharing, please submit a request by clicking the button below:
DO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a former employee, to exercise your right to opt-out of personal information sales or sharing, please mail your inquiry to Canon U.S.A., Inc. – HR Privacy, One Canon Park, Melville, New York 11747.
If you are a B2B business user of a website that links to this Privacy Statement, to exercise your right to opt-out of personal information sales or sharing, please submit a request by clicking the button below:
DO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
California “Shine the Light” Disclosure
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives California residents the right to request, from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business discloses to third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has disclosed such information during the immediately preceding year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Canon U.S.A., Inc. pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, please contact us at the address listed below.
Right to Opt-in to the Collection of Your Sensitive Personal Information
If you are a Virginia resident, you have the right to opt-in to the collection of your sensitive personal information.
From time to time, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by law (such as coupons, samples, and loyalty programs) in exchange for the collection, retention, or use of certain personal information about you. Each financial incentive related to the collection and use of personal information is based upon our reasonable, good-faith determination of the estimated value of such information to our business, taking into consideration the value of the offer itself and the anticipated revenue generation that may be realized by rewarding brand loyalty and repeat purchases. When you opt into a financial incentive, we will provide information about the specific terms of the financial incentive, such as the categories of personal information required to be disclosed, retained, shared or sold, in exchange for the benefit you may receive. You can opt out of a financial incentive at any time by contacting us, by clicking here, or by following the instructions on how to opt in or opt out, on the webpage or form where the financial incentive is made available.
If you are a Virginia resident, you may have a right to submit a formal appeal if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your request. Please click here to request a second review regarding decisions related to your request, and include “Attention: Appeal” in your submission.
Links. There are a number of places on the Services where you may click on a link to access other platforms or websites that do not operate under this Privacy Statement. For example, if you click on an advertisement or a third-party logo on the Services, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party platforms or websites, including subsites owned or controlled by other Canon Group companies, may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these platforms and websites and cannot guarantee the security of any user data collected there. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party platforms and websites you visit by clicking on the "privacy" link typically located at the bottom of the web page you are visiting.
Integrated Third-Party Tools. Canon U.S.A. uses integrated tools and features, including API (Application Programming Interface) clients, from YouTube API Services, which may be accessed via videos through links on our websites. By using, playing or downloading such integrated tools and features, including API clients, you agree to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service. Users should be aware that the API clients use YouTube API Services. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any third-party services you access, including those of Google LLC at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy. Canon U.S.A. does not use API data to personally identify you, and does not share API data with any external parties.
Interest-Based Marketing. We contract with advertising agencies, marketing partners and other service providers to serve advertisements when you visit our website or other websites across the Internet. The advertisements placed on these websites may use tracking technologies, such as Cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visits to this and other websites. We may also disclose information to these companies (including in aggregate form) and/or partner with these companies to provide interest-based advertising both on and off websites operated by Canon U.S.A. In either case, the purpose of the disclosure is to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you, to analyze and improve the effectiveness of ads and emails, and to improve and enhance our website and its content.
Do Not Track. The Canon U.S.A. website is not currently configured to recognize “do not track” signals sent as a header by Internet browsers. However, other settings within your browser may permit you to block Cookies or other technology that enable websites to collect information that can be used to tailor advertisements to your interest. Please check your browser’s settings or consult your browser’s help information for more details. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
When you submit information to Canon U.S.A. through the Services, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across multiple computer systems on the Internet. Although we use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures to protect your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data on the Internet is ever completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of such information at any time.
While Canon U.S.A. is a U.S. company, we may collect and you may provide us with information wherever you are located. The Canon U.S.A. servers that process the data you provide us are located in the United States, Japan and other jurisdictions. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you understand that the collection, processing, maintenance, transfer and storage of such information will occur in the United States, Japan and other countries where the privacy laws may be different from those in the country where you reside or are located, and waive any claims relating to the collection, processing, maintenance, transfer or storage of data outside of such country.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time at our sole discretion. If we modify the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. Changes will be effective immediately (except for material changes) upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement on the Services. In the event we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through the Services prior to the changes taking effect. Please note that if you do not agree to the modified Privacy Statement, you may not use the Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of the changes or any applicable notice period will mean that you accept those changes.
Should you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please submit your request here or mail your inquiry to Canon U.S.A., Inc. - Customer Privacy, One Canon Park, Melville, New York 11747.