Service Notice: PIXMA PRO-10/PRO-100: Firmware Update Version 1.030 (PRO-10) / 1.020 (PRO-100)
Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for the Canon PIXMA PRO-10/PRO-100 printers in order to address the phenomenon described below.
Canon takes pride in the quality and performance of its products, and we offer our most sincere apologies to customers using this product who have been inconvenienced by this phenomenon . We hope our efforts will earn your understanding.
PIXMA PRO-10/PRO-100 printers
Printer Firmware Updater incorporates the following:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the ink level in the ink cartridges for the printer is not properly indicated in some instances.
Printer Firmware Updater for PRO-10 printers contains the Firmware file Version 1.030. If the printer’s firmware is already Version 1.030, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Printer Firmware Updater for PRO-100 printers contains the Firmware file Version 1.020. If the printer’s firmware is already Version 1.020, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Print the nozzle check pattern to determine if a firmware update is needed.
Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern:
- Make sure that the power is turned on.
- Make sure that one or more sheets of Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the rear tray.
- Open the paper output tray gently, and open the output tray extension.
- Print the nozzle check pattern:
(1) Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes white twice then release it immediately.
(2) The nozzle check pattern will be printed.
(3) The Firmware version will be listed on the bottom of the nozzle check pattern sheet.
When updating your printer’s firmware, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region. Please register your PIXMA PRO-10 or PIXMA PRO-100 printer. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support