In combination with the Digital Camera EOS R5 and some mount adapters1, Firmware Version 2.1.0 adds support for the following functions when the camera is in movie shooting mode:
1. Remote control of iris/zoom/focus with both wireless and wired connection by using EOS Utility, Camera Connect or by controls on the camera body.
2. Lens optical correction (Peripheral illumination / Chromatic aberration correction).
3. AF operation
4. AE operation
5. IS operation
6. Focus Guide
7. REC START and ONE-SHOT AF from the grip, when using the separately sold grip (ZSG-C10) for COMPACT-SERVO Lens.
8. Recording of metadata such as model name, aperture (F no.) and focal length of the attached lens.
9. Displaying of lens information such as aperture (F no.) and focal length in the electronic viewfinder (EVF) of the camera.
This Firmware supports the following adapters:
- Mount adapter EF-EOS R
- Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
- Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Drop-In Variable ND Filter A
- Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Drop-In Circular Polarizing Filter A
External power supply is required for AF operation during servo zoom operation. When there is no external power supply, AF operation is activated only when the servo zoom is not in use.
- Firmware Version 2.1.0 is for lenses with Firmware Version 1.5.0 or earlier. If the lens' firmware is already version 2.1.0, it is unnecessary to update the firmware. You can check the firmware version of the lens from the camera’s menu. Please refer to the camera instruction manual for details on how to check the current Firmware Version. Once the lens is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to the previous version.
- Please prepare a memory card supported by the camera. Please see the camera's instruction manual for details about which memory cards are supported by each camera model.
- It is necessary to update the EOS R5 with the latest firmware and to update the EOS utility and camera connect to the latest version.
Firmware Version 2.1.0 is only compatible with the standard version of the lens. Installing Firmware Version 2.1.0 on the serial version will render the lens inoperable.
Preparations for a firmware update:
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: CN013201.lfu / file size: 474,922 byte), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Prior to starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review and confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. Lens body
2. A compatible camera
which would be attached to the lens body
3. Mount adapter
4. A fully charged battery pack for the camera or a dedicated AC adapter kit (sold separately).
5. A memory card supported by a compatible camera. (Please see the camera's instruction manual for details on which memory cards are supported by each camera model.)
6. Commercially available memory card reader (the card slot of a computer can also be used.)
7. Firmware update file (The firmware file downloaded from the home page.)
Cameras compatible with the lens: EOS C100 Mark II
EOS C300 Mark II
EOS C500 Mark II
EOS C700 FF