After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VNC1.FIM / file size: 36,928,128 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An EOS C200 or EOS C200B camera
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.11)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)