Firmware Notice: EOS C70: Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 incorporates the following fix and enhancements:1. Adds ITU-R.BT.709 standard compliant Gamma［BT.709 Standard / BT.709］the to the Custom Picture.
2. Adds [Whole Area] to the AF Frame option so the camera focuses automatically on a subject at the center of the screen.
3. Object or Face Tracking can now be initiated by touching the LCD monitor during ‘Whole Area’ AF.
4. Adds [2x] option to the Magnification.
5. Adds [Mask 100%] to the [Aspect Marker] and [Safe Area Marker].
6. Adds "B&W during Magn." as an option to the Assistance Function menu.
7. Adds View Assist function to video output from the HDMI OUT terminal.
8. Adds EF lenses compatible with EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter. 1
EF16-35mm F2.8L II USM
EF16-35mm F4L IS USM
EF24-105mm F4L IS USM
EF70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM
EF70-200mm F2.8L IS III USM
EF70-200mm F4L IS USM
EF70-200mm F4L IS II USM
10. Adds Wi-Fi adapters tested for use with the camera.
TP-LINK Archer T9UH
1 EF-EOS R 0.71 Mount Adapter requires its firmware update.Caution:
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to perform the firmware update.
- Firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 is for updating EOS C70 cameras running firmware version 22.214.171.124. If your camera's firmware is already version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
Download Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 for the EOS C70.
To help obtain optimal performance of this camera, we recommend that you also download and install the most recent versions of Canon XF Utility 3.8 and Canon XF Plugin 3.8 for AVID Media Access.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C70. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free) / 1-855-246-3367
For additional support options: usa.canon.com/support