Firmware Notice EOS R Firmware Version 1.1.0
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- Support for “continuous shooting” is available when “silent shutter” has been enabled.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur if there is a large number of files in a specific format on the memory card.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur when silent shutter has been enabled.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which horizontal linear noise may occur when using specific lenses together with certain recording image quality settings.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which the information displayed in the viewfinder may become abnormal.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware Version 1.0.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.0, this update is unnecessary.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- When using the continuous shooting option when silent shutter has been enabled with the RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens, it may be necessary to update the lens’ firmware version. If the lens’ firmware version is Version 1.1.1, please download the latest firmware version (Version 2.0.0) or later from Canon’s Web site to update the lens firmware.
- The user guide has been revised to reflect the functional improvements to the product. Please download the latest version of the user guide together with the new firmware. The latest version of the user guide can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site.
Download Firmware Version 1.1.0 for the EOS R.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS R. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|