Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- The option to capture movies in the frame rate of 23.98p has been added.
- A new mode for Movie Servo AF has been added.
Autofocus characteristics for Movie Servo AF can be set to [Mode 1], [Mode 2] or [Disable].
- Mode 1 (newly added, with firmware version 1.1.0): This mode supports quick and responsive autofocus. Use this autofocus mode when you want the camera to be sensitive to tracking the subject, and for situations when the photographer is moving (such as shooting while walking).
- Mode 2 (current, with firmware version 1.0.2 or prior): This mode supports smooth and natural autofocus when shooting movies. Use this mode when shooting landscapes or subjects with little or no movement.
Please note: “If you prefer the previous AF characteristics, please select Mode 2 after the firmware update.”
- Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability.(addressed in Ver.1.0.2）
- Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.(addressed in Ver.1.0.2）
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with an older firmware version. If the camera’s firmware is already the latest version (Version 1.1.0), a firmware update is unnecessary.
Please download the user manual as well as the latest firmware.