Offer valid November 3, 2022 at 12:00 AM EST through December 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. Offer valid only on products available for sale through the Canon online store only. Offer not valid on bulk orders. Orders will be shipped to a street address in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Free standard shipping and handling offer is a $5.99 to $15.99 Canon online store value. Offer subject to the Canon Terms of Sale. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted.
Purchases of eligible products made through the Canon online store only between November 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 can be returned until January 16, 2023. Offer not valid on products that are considered final sale and/or not eligible for return. Offer subject to the Canon Return Policy.
GET IT IN TIME
Standard (3-7 Business Days)
Order by Tuesday, December 13th - 12:30pm EST
Expedited (Second Business Day)
Order by Tuesday, December 20th - 12:30pm EST
Express (Next Business Day)
Order by Wednesday, December 21st - 12:30pm EST
The Canon EOS Digital Camera Software Development Kit (EDSDK) enables developers to integrate select Canon cameras directly into their software application solutions, giving them access to remote camera control and communication functionality of the camera. There are two versions of the EDSDK compatible with Windows or Macintosh.
The Software Developer Kit is provided free of charge and can be found at DeveloperCommunity.usa.canon.com. To learn more please visit the Canon Developer Community site and register to download Canon’s SDKs.
Find answers in our extensive knowledge base with dozens of articles and curated Q&As to help you troubleshoot your issue yourself.
Our Knowledge Base with curated Q&As will point you in the right direction to troubleshoot your error code yourself. Be sure to search the error code you are struggling with along with your product model number in our Knowledge Base.
Displays shooting, metering, AF, and film advance modes; shutter speed, aperture, frame counter, and battery level. Illumination provided.
97 percent vertically and horizontally
0.72x( -1 diopter with 50mm lens at infinity)
-1 diopter (20mm eye relief)
Interchangeable (9 types)
Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 37:63). No vignetting with EF 1200mm f/5.6 lens or a shorter lens.
Enabled with depth-of-field preview button.
TTL-AREA-SIR with a CMOS sensor
Area AF with 45 focusing points (Custom Function No. 13 can limit this to 11)
Focusing Point Selection
Automatic selection: Focusing point camera-selected. Manual selection: Focusing point manually-selected. Eye Controlled Focus: Focusing point eye-selected.
1. One-Shot AF: Autofocus stops when focus is achieved. AF lock enabled. Shutter releases only when focus is achieved. 2. Predictive AF with Al Servo AF: Tracks subject movement up to the start of exposure. Predictive AF enabled. The shutter can be released at anytime regardless of focus (predictive AF control takes effect during continuous shooting), no in-focus indicator (blinks at 8 Hz only if AF fails). 3. Manual focusing: Enabled with the focusing ring when the lens focus mode switch is set to MF (or M). 4. Full- time manual focusing: Enabled with the electronic focusing ring during continuous shooting (except during film exposure). 5. In- focus indicator: Lights in viewfinder and beeps. (Beeper can be disabled.)
AF Focus Indictor
Superimposed focusing point in viewfinder.
AF Working Range
EV 0-18 (at ISO 100)
AF Assist Method
Beam emitted automatically by the attached EOS Speedlite when necessary.
TTL max. aperture metering with a 21 zone silicon photocell. 1. Evaluative metering (linkable to any point) 2. Partial metering (approx. 8.5% of viewfinder at center) 3. Center spot metering (approx. 2.4% of viewfinder at center) 4. Spot metering (linked to focusing point at approx. 2.4% of viewfinder) During continuous shooting with metering modes (3) and (4), the first shot is metered in real time and the meter reading is locked (AE lock) for subsequent shots in the same burst. 5. Multi-spot metering (Max. 8 multi-spot metering entries) 6. Center-weighted averaging metering
EV 0-20 (at 20°C/ 68°F with 50mm f/1.4lens, ISO 100
1. Program AE(shiftable) 2. Shutter speed-priority AE ( in 1/3,1/2 or full stops, safety shift enable with Custom Function) 3. Aperture-priority AE (in 1/3,1/2 or full stops, safety shift enabled with Custom Function) 4. Depth-of-field AE 5. E-TTL program flash AE (high-speed sync, FE lock, and wireless control enabled with 550EX) 6.A-TTL program flash AE 7. TTL program flash AE 8. Manual 9. Bulb
ISO Film Speed Range
ISO 6-6400 (Set automatically with DX-coded film at ISO 25-5000)
1. Auto exposure bracketing (AEB) : +/- 3 stops in 1/3 stop increments. Standard exposure, underexposure, and overexposure sequence. Repeated bracketing enabled according to current film advance mode. With self-timer, all three bracketed shots are taken in the continuous shooting mode regardless of the film advance mode. 2. Manual exposure compensation: +/-3 stops in 1/3-stop increments set with the Quick Control Dial or exposure compensation button on the Main Dial. 3. AEB and manual exposure compensation can be set together.
Auto AE Lock: Operates in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved. Manual AE lock: AE lock button activates AE lock in all metering modes. Multiple exposures: Max 9 multiple exposures. Cancels automatically after all multiple exposures are taken.(Cancellable and resettable at any time.)
Vertical-travel, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled.
30 to 1/8000 sec in 1/3-stops, X-sync at 1/200 sec.
Soft-touch electromagnetic release
Electronically controlled with 10 sec or 2 sec delay. Lamp blinks ( at 2Hz, then at 8Hz for the remaining two sec) Self-timer countdown on LCD panel. Self timer cancellable by turning the main switch to L.
Quick-lock, three-pin remote control connector provided (N3 type.)
1. Hot shoe: X-sync direct contacts 2. Below camera back latch: JIS B-type socket (threaded) * Flash units connected to (1) and (2) can be used and fired simultaneously.
Automatic loading with a sprocketless system. After film is loaded and the back is closed, it advances to frame 1 automatically, taking about 1 sec.
Film advance system: Automatic film advance with built-in motor. EOS-3 Single and Continuous shooting. With Power Drive Booster PB-E2: Single, Low Continuous, and High Continuous.
At the end of the roll, automatic film rewind with a built-in motor. Midroll rewind possible. Approx. 4.5 sec. for 24-ex. film and approx. 6.5 sec. for 36-ex. film Rewind noise: 59 dB (High-speed rewind), 49 dB (Silent rewind)
Eighteen user-settable Custom Functions
1. One 2CR5 lithium battery housed in the camera grip. 2. With Power Drive Booster PB-E2, 8 size-AA alkaline, Ni-Cd, or lithium batteries or Ni-MH Pack NP-E2. (Camera grip removed). 3.With Battery Pack BP-E1, 1 2 CR5 Lithium battery and 4 size-AA alkaline or Ni-Cd batteries(Camera grip removed)
With battery check button pressed, battery level displayed in four levels on the LCD Panel.
While using an EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, 1/1000 sec. shutter speed, Eye Control, and continuous shooting mode, the following operations for each frame were executed: The lens was focused from infinity to the minimum distance and back, the shutter button was pressed halfway for 6 seconds, the picture was taken, and the settings were retained for 2 seconds. This operation cycle was repeated in continuous shooting mode and high-speed film rewind was used at the end of each roll.
Size (W x H x D)
161 x 119.2 x 70.8 mm / 6.3 x 4.7 x 2.8in.
780g/ 27.5 oz.(Excluding lithium battery)
Interchangeable with Date Back DB-E2 (sold separately).
Subject to change without notice. All the data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method.