FAQ - For Canon IVY REC Outdoor Camera
There are a few easy ways that you can download the app:
- Simply scan the QR code from the TIPS card inside your package box.
- Go to the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS), and search for "Canon Mini Cam".
- Visit https://app.canonminiprint.com from your mobile device.
It takes approximately 180 minutes to charge.
There are two methods you can use to check the battery level of your Canon IVY REC Camera:
Method 1 : You may check the battery level through Canon Mini Cam app.
Method 2 : If the battery level is low, the status LED on Canon IVY REC will blink red.
- Enable auto power off setting.
- Turn off the Canon IVY REC when not in use.
- The recommend operating, charging and storage conditions are: Temperature : 59-90° F (15-32° C), Humidity : 40-55% RH
- If the Canon IVY REC is stored for a long period of time, charge the battery once every 3 months.
The battery will last approximately 60 mins after full charge and under the recommended conditions. (Temperature : 59-90° F (15-32° C), Humidity : 40-55% RH)
Yes, if the Canon IVY REC is not used for about 3 minutes, it will automatically power off by default.
You can program the auto power off time to either: 3, 5, or 10 minutes.
Yes, USB 2.0 Micro USB
Yes, it is necessary to install a microSD card into the Canon IVY REC for photo shooting and video recording. (SD Card sold separately)
The Canon IVY REC supports microSD card memory size up to 256GB. It supports the following file system formats: FAT16, FAT32, or exFAT.
Yes, it is recommended to format the mircoSD card to FAT, FAT32 or exFAT before use.
Yes, you can export files stored on the microSD card (up to 256GB) to your computer.
- Turn on your Canon IVY REC.
- Check the Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- Select your Canon IVY REC in the app.
* For full details on the first time setup, please refer to the User Manual in app.
You can update the Canon IVY REC firmware through the Canon Mini Cam app.
Please check the options below to solve the problem. 1) Make sure the battery is more than 50% charged, and try to update the firmware again. OR 2) Press the RESET button on the IVY REC and turn on the camera again. OR 3) On the mobile device, turn the Bluetooth OFF and ON again, the reconnect the IVY REC.
- Make sure the Canon IVY REC is powered on.
- Check the Bluetooth for your mobile device is enabled and ON.
- Make sure the Canon IVY REC is not connected to another mobile device. If it is, disconnect the other device from the Canon IVY REC.
- Power cycle (turn off and on) the Canon IVY REC and try again.
Please check the following:
- Check if the Power LED is off or if it is blinking "red", re-charge the device, power on, and try again.
- Check if the Bluetooth connection is available.
Canon IVY REC supports the JPEG format.
The photo size depends on image setting chosen:
4 : 3 Image -> L : 4160 x 3120, M : 2944 x 2208, S : 2080 x 1560
The preview video quality depends on individual mobile device performance and WiFi environment. If this happens, we suggest downloading the video file to your mobile device. After download, open the downloaded movie from your mobile device to view.
The LED's represent battery level, pairing status, Bluetooth, WiFi and recording status. See User Manual for a full LED indicator reference chart.
- The Canon IVY REC does not respond.
- An unknown error has occurred.
Turn the dial switch to OFF and wait until the LED turns off. Then turn the dial switch to other mode (except OFF mode) again to turn it ON.