CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
EOS Rebel T7 Body
Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
SD, SDHC and SDXC Memory Cards
Compatible with SD speed class cards.
Not compatible with UHS speed class cards.
Compatible with Eye-Fi Cards.
Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used. (A card error will be displayed.)
Approx. 22.3mm x 14.9mm
Canon EF Lenses (including EF-S lenses, excluding EF-M lenses)
Canon EF mount
Approx. 24.10 megapixels (rounded to the nearest 100,000)
Approx. 24.70 megapixels (rounded to the nearest 100,000)
Approx. 3.72 µm square
3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
Color Filter System
RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable
Dust Deletion Feature
- Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS software to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Manual cleaning by hand
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit not provided.
Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.30
JPEG, RAW (14 bit Canon original)
3:2 Aspect Ratio
Large: 6000 x 4000
Medium: 3984 x 2656
Small 1: 2976 x 1984
Small 2: 1920 x 1280
Small 3: 720 x 480
RAW: 6000 x 4000
4:3 Aspect Ratio
Large: 5328 x 4000*
Medium: 3552 x 2664
Small 1: 2656 x 1992
Small 2: 1696 x 1280*
Small 3: 640 x 480
RAW: 6000 x 4000
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Large: 6000 x 3368*
Medium: 3984 x 2240*
Small 1: 2976 x 1680*
Small 2: 1920 x 1080
Small 3: 720 x 408*
RAW: 6000 x 4000
1:1 Aspect Ratio
Large: 4000 x 4000
Medium: 2656 x 2656
Small 1: 1984 x 1984
Small 2: 1280 x 1280
Small 3: 480 x 480
RAW: 6000 x 4000
* The dimensions will not attain a perfect aspect ratio.
Values are rounded to the nearest 100,000. (Nearest 10,000 for S3.)
For JPEG, the image will be generated according to the selected aspect ratio.
RAW images are generated in [3:2], and the set aspect ratio is appended.
The following three types of file numbering methods can be set:
- Continuous numbering
- The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the card. (The numbering continues even when the folder changes.)
- Auto reset
- When you replace the camera's card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
- Manual reset
- Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Fine Detail
- Smooth Skin
- Self Portrait
- User Defined 1-3
- In Basic Zone modes, Auto is set automatically.
- In Creative Zone modes, you can select and set the Picture Style.
- Default settings for [User Defined 1-3] are [Auto].
- Auto (Ambience priority/White priority)
- Tungsten light
- White fluorescent light
- Custom (Custom WB)
Auto White Balance
Option between ambience priority and white priority settings
Color Temperature Compensation
Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
Corrected based on the current WB mode's color temperature.
Eye-level single lens reflex (with fixed pentamirror)
Approx. 95% vertically and horizontally (with Eye point approx. 21mm)
Magnification / Angle of View
Approx. 0.8x / 22.4° (-1m-1 with 50mm lens at infinity)
Approx. 21 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
Adjustable from approx. -2.5 to +0.5 m-1 (dpt)
Quick-return half mirror
AF point, AF point activation indicator, ISO speed, White balance correction, Focus indicator, Maximum burst, Monochrome shooting, ISO speed, Highlight tone priority, Exposure level indicator, Exposure compensation amount AEB range, Red-eye reduction lamp ON, Aperture, Card full warning, Card error warning, No card warning, Shutter speed, FE lock, Busy, Built-in flash recycling, Flash exposure compensation, High-speed sync (FP flash), FE lock/FEB in-progress, Flash-ready, FE lock out of range warning, AE lock/AEB in-progress, Focusing screen
Depth Of Field Preview
Possible (with C.Fn-9 (Assign SET button) setting)
TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated sensor
All AF points support f/5.6
Cross-type AF with center AF point
AF Working Range
With One-Shot AF (at room temperature and ISO 100, based on Canon’s testing standards)
EV 0–18 (center AF point)
EV 1–18 (other AF points)
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF
- Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically.
- Manual focus
AF Point Selection
- Manual selection
- Auto selection
- AF point selection for Basic Zone modes is fixed to Automatic selection.
Selected AF Point Display
Indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.
AF Assist Beam
Intermittent firing of built-in flash
Center: Approx. 13.1 ft. / 4.0m
Periphery: Approx. 11.5 ft. / 3.5m
With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite’s AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
Dual-layer metering sensor with the area divided into 63 zones.
- Evaluative metering (supporting all AF points)
- Partial metering (center, approx. 10% of viewfinder)
- Center-weighted average metering
EV 1-20 (room temperature, ISO 100, evaluative metering)
Exposure Control Systems
- Program AE (Shiftable)
- Shutter-priority AE
- Aperture-priority AE
- Manual exposure (including bulb)
- Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE/non-shiftable)
- Flash Off
- Creative Auto
- Night Portrait
ISO Speed Range
Manual ISO setting: ISO 100–6400 (in whole-stop increments), expandable equivalent to ISO 12800.
If highlight tone priority is set, the ISO speed is automatically set within ISO 200 to ISO 6400.
ISO Auto setting: ISO 100–6400
In Creative Zone modes, the maximum ISO speed (ISO 400, 800, 1600, 3200 or 6400) for ISO Auto can be set.
|Shooting Mode||ISO Settings|
|Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Food, Night Portrait||ISO 100-3200|
|P, Tv, Av, M||ISO 100-6400*1|
|With flash||ISO 800*2,3,4,5|
|With bulb exposures||ISO 800*5|
- Auto AE lock
- In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
- Manual AE lock
- In P, Tv and Av modes, possible with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
- Possible in all metering modes.
Vertical-travel shutter with electronic first-curtain control and mechanical second-curtain control
1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb (Total shutter speed range)
X-sync at 1/200 sec.
Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
Soft-touch electromagnetic release
10-sec. or 2-sec. Delay
Shutter Lag Time
- During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 120 ms
- Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 240 ms
Possible by using Remote Switch RS-60E3
Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentamirror
Flash Metering System
E-TTL II autoflash (Evaluative, Average), FE lock
Approx. 30.2 ft./9.2m (at ISO 100)
Approx. 2 sec.
Up to approx. 17mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 28mm in 135 format)
Flash Exposure Compensation
Up to ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
Flash exposure compensation for built-in flash and external Speedlite can be set with the camera.
Flash Exposure Compensation
±2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
- Single shooting
- Continuous shooting
- Max. approx. 3.0 fps
- Shutter speed 1/500 sec., Maximum aperture
- Continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the shutter speed, aperture, subject condition, brightness, lens model, flash use, remaining battery capacity, etc.
- 10-sec. self-timer
- 2-sec. self-timer
- Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
Continuous Shooting Speed
Max. approx. 3.0 fps
Still photo and video recording
- (1) Contrast AF
- Face Detection Live mode
- Covers approx. 80% of the image display area vertically and horizontally.
- Quick mode
- TTL secondary image registration, phase-difference detection with AF-dedicated sensor.
- AF point manual selection anda selection possible.
- Automatically set in Basic Zone modes.
- Manual focus
- Magnify the image by approx. 5x or 10x and focus manually.
Evaluative metering (315-zone)
- AE lock possible. Metering timer duration can be changed.
EV 0-20 (room temperature, ISO 100)
One of two types of grids can be selected and displayed on the screen.
- Grid 1:2 vertical and 2 horizontal lines
- Grid 2:5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264
* Variable (average) bit rate
Audio: Linear PCM
1920 x 1080 (30 fps/24 fps): 340 MB/min.
1280 x 720 (60 fps): 340 MB/min.
640 x 480 (30 fps): 90 MB/min.
1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30 fps (29.97 fps) / 24 fps (23.98 fps)
1280 x 720 (HD): 60 fps (59.94 fps)
640 x 480 (SD): 30 fps (29.97 fps)
- Program AE for movie shooting
- Shutter speed 1/30-1/4000 sec. (signal accumulation time), aperture and ISO speed automatically set.
- Manual exposure
- Shutter speed (signal accumulation time), aperture and ISO speed (auto/manual) manually set. The shutter speed (signal accumulation time) is limited to 1/4000 sec. at the maximum and to 1/30 sec. at the minimum for 24/30 fps or to 1/60 sec. or higher for 60 fps.
- Contrast AF
- Manual focus
- Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
Possible (±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments)
TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
3.0-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 4:3)
Approx. 7.5cm diagonal (approx. 6.0cm wide, approx. 4.5cm high)
Approx. 920,000 dots
Approx. 170° vertically and horizontally
Adjustable to one of seven levels
25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Single image display
- Basic information
- Basic information + image quality / image file number
- Shooting information
- Histogram display
On the detailed information and histogram displays, highlight areas with no image data will blink.
When you press the Quick Control button while shooting images, you can set various functions.
Settable functions differ between viewfinder shooting, Live View shooting and movie shooting.
When you press the Quick Control button during playback, you can set various functions.
Settable functions differ between still photo shooting and movie shooting.
Erase protection can be applied or canceled for a single image, all images in a folder or all images in the card.
Erase unprotected image(s) with selection from Single image, Selected images, All images on folder or All images in a card.
RAW and JPEG images compliant to Design rule for Camera File System.
Movies cannot be printed.
Complies to DPOF Version 1.1
11 Custom Functions with 33 settings settable with the camera
Camera User Settings
My Menu Registration
Menu functions, Custom Functions
Up to six kinds of function settings can be selected and registered from the top-tier menu functions.
Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) Hi-Speed USB equivalent
- Connect Station CS100 connection
- GPS Receiver GP-E2 connection
Video Out Terminal
HDMI Type C (Resolution switches automatically)
Video output: (Switches automatically to 1, 2, 3 or 4 to suit the TV set.)
Extension System Terminal
Remote Switch RS-60E3 Terminal
Approx. 49.21 ft. / 15m
- When communicating with a smartphone or tablet.
- With no obstructions between the antennas and no radio interference from other devices.
- Camera access point mode
- Infrastructure mode
Battery Pack LP-E10 x 1
- The camera can be powered by an AC power supply by using the household power outlet accessories (sold separately).
Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON.
Battery level indicated in one of the four levels on LCD monitor.
Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses
* [Auto power off] settable to 30 sec., 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min. or Disable
Built-in secondary battery
Maintains date/time for about 3 months when fully charged
Approx. 0.1 sec. (CIPA standards)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
Approx. 5.08 x 3.99 x 3.06 in. / 129.0 x 101.3 x 77.6mm
- In CIPA guidelines.
Approx. 16.75 oz. / 475g (including battery and card)
Approx. 15.06 oz. / 427g (body only)
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
85% or less
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
Drivers & Downloads
Product Advisories for EOS Rebel T7 Body
|Regarding the security advisory for Canon digital cameras related to PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) communication functions and firmware update functions.||Service Notice||Sep 12, 2019|
EOS DIGITAL CAMERA LIMITED WARRANTY
For The U.S.A. And Canada Only
The limited warranty set forth below is given by Canon U.S.A., Inc. (Canon U.S.A.) in the United States or Canon Canada Inc., (Canon Canada) in Canada with respect to the Canon brand EOS Digital Camera (the “Product”) *, when purchased and used in the United States or Canada. The Product purchased with this limited warranty is the only EOS Digital Camera to which this limited warranty applies.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. and Canon Canada Inc. (collectively "Canon") warrant to the original end-user purchaser, when delivered in new condition in its original container, that the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Product returned to a Canon repair facility and proven to be defective upon inspection will, at Canon’s sole discretion and without charge, be (a) repaired utilizing new, remanufactured, repaired and/or recycled parts; (b) exchanged for a new Product or; (c) exchanged for a refurbished Product, as determined by the Canon repair facility. Warranty exchange or replacement does not extend the original warranty period of the Product.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY ACCESSORIES. This limited warranty shall only apply if the Product is used in conjunction with compatible computer equipment and compatible software, as to which items Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada, shall have no responsibility. Non-Canon brand equipment and software that may be distributed with the Product are sold "as is" and without warranty of any kind by Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada, including any implied warranty regarding merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and all such warranties are disclaimed. The sole warranty, if any, with the respect to such non-Canon brand items is given by the manufacturer or producer thereof.
This limited warranty covers all defects encountered in normal use of the Product, and does not apply in the following cases:
- Loss of or damage to the Product due to abuse, mishandling, improper packaging by you, alteration, accident, electrical current fluctuations, failure to follow operating, maintenance or environmental instructions prescribed in Canon U.S.A.'s or Canon Canada's user's manual or services performed by someone other than Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada, or a Canon authorized service provider for the Product. Without limiting the foregoing, water damage, sand/corrosion damage, battery leakage, dropping the Product, scratches, abrasions or damage to the body, lenses or LCD display or damage to the any of the accessories mentioned in the first paragraph above will be presumed to have resulted from misuse, abuse or failure to operate the Product as set forth in the operating instructions
- Use of parts or supplies (other than those sold by Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada) that cause damage to the Product or cause abnormally frequent service calls or service problems
- If the Product has had its serial number or dating altered or removed.
NO IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLIES TO THE PRODUCT AFTER THE APPLICABLE PERIOD OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY STATED ABOVE, AND NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTY, EXCEPT AS MENTIONED ABOVE, GIVEN BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT SHALL BIND CANON U.S.A. OR CANON CANADA (SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU)..NEITHER CANON U.S.A. NOR CANON CANADA SHALL BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF REVENUES OR PROFITS, INCONVENIENCE, EXPENSE FOR SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICE, STORAGE CHARGES, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE OR MISUSE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE EOS DIGITAL CAMERA, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND EVEN IF CANON U.S.A. OR CANON CANADA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST CANON USA OR CANON CANADA BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT SOLD BY CANON USA OR CANON CANADA AND CAUSING THE ALLEGED DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO YOU AND YOUR PROPERTY AND TO OTHERS AND THEIR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF USE OR MISUSE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PRODUCT NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF CANON USA OR CANON CANADA (SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU). THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT, OR THE PERSON FOR WHOM IT WAS PURCHASED AS A GIFT, AND STATES YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
You may obtain technical support** for your Product as follows:
E-mail support via our Web site at www.canontechsupport.com
Telephone assistance from a Canon U.S.A. Customer Care representative free of charge during regular business hours at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)
You may obtain technical support* for your Product as follows:
Telephone assistance from a Canon Canada Customer Care representative free of charge during regular business hours at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)
When you call, have your Product serial number and your date of purchase available to expedite service. A Canon Customer Care representative will attempt to diagnose the nature of the problem and correct it over the telephone. If the problem cannot be corrected over the telephone, you will be asked to follow the applicable procedures for MAIL-IN SERVICE. Note that a dated proof of purchase is required at the time of service. This requirement will be satisfied by providing a copy of your dated bill of sale.
** Technical support program specifics subject to change without notice.
MAIL-IN SERVICE is a program under which your Product is repaired by a Canon U.S.A. or a Canon Canada authorized service center for the Product. Authorized service center information can be obtained by visiting www.canontechsupport.com (US customers only) or by contacting the Canon U.S.A., Customer Care Center or Canon Canada Customer Information Centre at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). You will be given the name, address and phone number of an authorized service center.
It is your responsibility to properly package and send the defective Product, together with a copy of your dated proof of purchase, a complete explanation of the problem and a return address to the authorized service center at your expense. Do not include any other items with the defective Product. The Product covered by this limited warranty and proven to be defective upon inspection will be repaired and returned to you without charge by the authorized service center. Any Product received by the authorized service center that is not covered by the limited warranty will be returned unrepaired, or at the discretion of the authorized service provider, you may receive a written estimate of repair at such cost as the service center may establish from time to time.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state (or province to province in Canada).
*The battery pack packaged with the Product carries a separate ninety (90) day limited warranty.
Software Development Kit
The Canon EOS Digital Camera Software Development Kit (EDSDK) enables developers to integrate select Canon cameras directly into their software application solutions, giving them access to remote camera control and communication functionality of the camera. There are two versions of the EDSDK compatible with Windows or Macintosh.
The Software Developer Kit is provided free of charge and can be found at DeveloperCommunity.usa.canon.com. To learn more please visit the Canon Developer Community site and register to download Canon’s SDKs.