Firmware Notice: EOS C300 / EOS C300 PL: Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following enhancements:
For EOS C300 EF only
- With the CN7x17 KAS S/E1※1, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS, or CN20x50 IAS H/E1※1 attached, the following functions are available.
— Metadata, such as the model name and focal distance of the lens attached, can be acquired and displayed on the camera.*2
— Peripheral illumination correction is supported.*2
— Aperture can be adjusted manually by operating the camera’s control dial.*2
— Settings can be changed so that the zoom can be operated using the joystick on the grip unit of the camera.
— The zoom/focus*2/iris*2 can be operated using the separately-sold RC-V100 Remote Controller.
— The focus and iris can be operated via Wi-Fi Remote.*2
— The automatic aperture and Push Auto Iris functions can be used.
- Support for peripheral illumination correction when the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is attached has been added.
- *1 The firmware of the lenses also need to be updated.
- *2 For the CN7x17 KAS S/E1, support has already been provided in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 or later.
For EOS C300 EF/PL
- Support for the separately-sold WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter has been added.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 is only for EOS C300 cameras which have Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 - 22.214.171.124.00 without the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade. If your camera’s firmware is already version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
If the EOS C300 camera has had the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade applied, please download Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00.
Download Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 for the EOS C300.
Download Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 for the EOS C300 PL.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C300 and EOS C300 PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: pro.usa.canon.com/support|