Firmware Notice: EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL: Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction has been added for the following lenses:
- EF Cinema Lens: CN-E20mm T1.5 L F
- EF Lens: EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
- Support for the [Reset] function that resets the clip number when the reel number is set, has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which joy stick operation does not reverse in Mirror mode for the LM-V1.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a green image may display when using OLED Viewfinder EVF-V70.
- Optimizes the [Black Gamma] compensation when [Normal 1] to [Normal 4] is set for [Gamma] in the Custom Picture settings.
- Optimizes color accuracy in areas of high brightness when [Normal 1] to [Normal 4] is set for [Gamma] in the Custom Picture settings.
For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
- Firmware version 188.8.131.52.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 - 220.127.116.11.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- Please note that after updating the camera to Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 or later, if you wish to continue using CFast (VPG130) cards that were used before the firmware update, you will need to format the CFast cards with the camera. After the firmware update, and before formatting the CFast cards with the camera, make sure to back up the clips saved to the CFast cards.
Preparations for a firmware update:
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
- The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VLB3.FIM / file size: 43,843,616bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An EOS C300 Mark II or EOS C300 Mark II PL Digital Cinema Camera
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.14)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
Download Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 for the EOS C300 Mark II and for the EOS C300 Mark II PL.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C300 Mark II PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|