After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and Custom Picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera’s user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VMB3.FIM, File Size: 113,875,844 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- A Cinema EOS C700GSPL camera body
- A computer (OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1 or Mac OS X (10.7-10.13).
- A 128 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
- An SD card reader-writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot on the computer.
- Fully charged V-mount battery (commercially available), 14.8 V DC (acceptable range: 12 V to 20 V DC)
- Power adapter (commercially available, DC IN 12V terminal): 4-pin XLR plug (female connector), 12 V DC (acceptable range: 11.5 V to 20 V DC), 10 A (acceptable maximum load current)
- The firmware (the file downloaded from the Canon Web site)