Firmware Notice: XF705: Firmware Version 126.96.36.199
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 incorporates the following fix:
- Fixes the metadata to correctly recognize the color profile in some editing software.
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 184.108.40.206 is for updating XF705 cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 If your camera's firmware is already version 22.214.171.124, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for a firmware update
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VOA2.FIM / file size: 58,408,736 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An XF705 camcorder
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.15)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
Download Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 for the XF705.
If you have not already done so, please register the XF705. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|