Supplies - GENUINE Key Points
Canon has poured all the Know How of its extraordinary history of developing innovative office machines into each of its copiers, printers, and networked office systems. The same superiority of design and manufacture goes into all of the Canon branded consumable imaging supplies and parts for this equipment. Naturally, no one makes better parts and supplies for Canon products than Canon.
Canon puts its name on its parts and supplies because it stands behind their quality and performance. Canon brand copier toner products are developed to optimize the performance of Canon copiers, and the production of these copier toner products is managed solely by Canon. Canon USA, Inc. supplies Canon copier toner products exclusively to its authorized customers, sales partners and affiliates. Each of the parts and supplies Canon makes for its office equipment products is a key part of the whole, carefully designed machine, which has been expertly engineered to provide top performance, reliability, and optimum output.
Using GENUINE Canon parts and supplies can help guard against equipment damage and possible machine malfunction. Here are some more reasons to rely on GENUINE Canon Toner, Parts, and Supplies:
- Canon has decades of manufacturing expertise.
- Canon products are evaluated and tested under extreme conditions.
- All machines and consumables produced by Canon are constantly being redesigned and improved.
- All Canon brand Copier toner and Copier toner containers are manufactured worldwide solely by Canon Inc. and its corporate affiliates. Canon Inc. does not outsource this manufacture, or sell or license its technology for Copier toner and Copier toner containers, to third parties on an OEM basis or otherwise. As such, the only GENUINE Canon Copier toner or Copier toner containers are, except as noted below*, those manufactured by Canon Inc. and its corporate affiliates.
- By using Canon GENUINE supplies you can enhance the quality and performance of your Canon equipment, experiencing:
- Longer life for your Canon equipment.
- High yields.
- Superior performance.
- Highest quality output.
- Minimal jamming or malfunctioning of equipment.
For information on how to ensure quality throughout the entire printing cycle please take a look at the Canon GENUINE Technology Brochure.
For Patent Information Click Here.
Telemarketers engaging in fraudulent or high pressure sales tactics have become a problem in the industry, and it is a problem that Canon would like you to have all the facts about. How serious is it? The Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Postal Service, and local Better Business Bureaus nationwide have judged the problem serious enough to issue warnings about so called "toner pirate" practices, and in some cases, investigations have led to lawsuits against deceptive telemarketing companies. Canon's main concern is for the customers who have placed their trust in Canon equipment. The most serious concern for Canon customers is the likelihood that supplies sold by these companies may not be genuine and might damage Canon equipment or significantly reduce its performance. However, equally important for our customers is the bottom line: Even though deceptive telemarketers say that the prices they offer are exceptionally low, in fact the opposite is usually true; the prices are often grossly inflated. Since they never retain customers, these practitioners must make all the money they can on the first sale. Their business depends on using high pressure and deception to make a lot of sales fast.
Here's what to watch out for:
- The caller is not the authorized salesperson you normally deal with.
- The caller tries to avoid giving their phone number.
- The sales pitch is high pressure, with a time element; if you don't "act now", the price being offered will change.
- These operations often get information about your equipment by pretending to be a Customer Service representative making a customer satisfaction survey. Once they know the machines you are using, a salesman will call back with the pitch tailored to your equipment.
Here's what to do:
- Always get information about any salesperson calling with whom you are not familiar.
- Get their phone number, and call them back at that number before you do business. Most deceptive telemarketers will not give out their phone number.
- If the caller is unfamiliar but claims to be from your normal dealership, check with a contact person that you know at your dealership before you go further.
- Compare prices with your normal dealer before you buy.
- If you come in contact with one of these scams, report it to the Federal Trade Commission, the Postal Service or your local Better Business Bureau.
If you wish to submit a report of your experience, you may write to your local Better Business Bureau, or to:
The Federal Trade Commission Division of Marketing Practices
6 Street and Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington D.C. 20580
We trust that by directly communicating with the agencies referred to above, they will assist in eradicating these unscrupulous practices, which have been going on nationwide for years.
Counterfeiting is a global problem. Counterfeit Canon toner and toner cartridges have been found in many countries, including the U.S. In addition to violating laws in the U.S. and elsewhere, including copyright and trademark laws, the sale of counterfeit Canon toner and toner cartridges can create a risk of, among other things, toner leakage, poor equipment performance including low toner yield, and inferior print quality. It's also important for you to know that Canon is not responsible or liable for malfunctions, damages or injuries caused by using non-Canon products, including counterfeit Canon products.
Canon companies throughout the world work closely together to help ensure that our customers get the value and quality that comes from using GENUINE Canon products. To that end, Canon aggressively pursues sellers and other sources of counterfeit Canon products through a vigorous monitoring program, working closely with governmental agencies for detection, conducting investigations, and instituting legal action against sellers and others who market Canon counterfeits to unsuspecting Canon consumers.
Your best assurance to avoid counterfeits is to purchase GENUINE Canon toner or toner cartridges from authorized Canon dealers or distributors.
It's easy to report suspicious Canon toner or toner cartridges. We're happy to answer your questions and evaluate your product. Feel free to contact either Canon or the Imaging Supplies Coalition, of which Canon is a member, if you believe you have purchased counterfeit Canon toner or toner cartridges.
To Contact Canon: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Contact the Imaging Supplies Coalition: email@example.com
Learn more about the ISC and imaging supplies anti-counterfeiting: http://www.isc-inc.org
More Canon Anti-counterfeiting Information: